Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer vacuum piping, what does it do

Options
  • 31-08-2018 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

I was away with the family at the weekend in the camper and took the opertunity to have a look under it, just to see if everything was OK and checking if I still has a spear key hidden in it.
    I noticed some tin pipes look a bit rusty, not to bad but I just want to know what they are. Doesn't look like breaks.

Found it on a diagram on line its the "Transfer vacuum piping" but what on earth do they do. I'm sure I'll get an answer here. It's a toyota hiace jap import automatic if that helps

http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=106&fig=3616

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I was away with the family at the weekend in the camper and took the opertunity to have a look under it, just to see if everything was OK and checking if I still has a spear key hidden in it.
    I noticed some tin pipes look a bit rusty, not to bad but I just want to know what they are. Doesn't look like breaks.

Found it on a diagram on line its the "Transfer vacuum piping" but what on earth do they do. I'm sure I'll get an answer here. It's a toyota hiace jap import automatic if that helps

http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=106&fig=3616

Vacuum can be used for lots of things, brake servo, egr, boost control, swirl flaps, idle air control valve, air conditioning actuators, gearbox actuators, etc. etc. Any loss of vacuum can affect all things but being an old toyota that rust is probably completely insignificant, more likely to have a perished hose fail than the steel.

Advertisement