Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMIKO A5 combo setup(Android)

Options
  • 31-08-2018 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,
    I have just purchased an AMIKO A5 Android set top box and tuned in all sat channels.

I have started to group the Sat/Saorview channels into favourite groups using the remote control supplied but this is a very painful task.
    Is there an easier way to do this? Can I access this via netwok and setup that way?

I have also noticed that some of the channels are missing their icons (picons?) especially Virgin 1-3. Is there an easy way to update these?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

DukesDad wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have just purchased an AMIKO A5 Android set top box and tuned in all sat channels.

I have started to group the Sat/Saorview channels into favourite groups using the remote control supplied but this is a very painful task.
    Is there an easier way to do this? Can I access this via netwok and setup that way?

I have also noticed that some of the channels are missing their icons (picons?) especially Virgin 1-3. Is there an easy way to update these?

Thanks

I'm considering buying this box, did you find an easier way to sort out the channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DukesDad

Hi,

I haven't fouind any easy way to modify the channel list and update the favourites.
    As far as I can see this is the best Android STB out there esp for the price.
    Would I recommend it? It's the only set top box I have ever used so can't compare it to anything else, but I'm happy with it.

but..
    I have donwloaded the RTE player, where I have had no issue using this on and Android/iPhone, the App is not designed for Android STB. i'ts a bit of a pain to navigate and you may find there are parts of the App that you can't use because you can't navigate to it.

And I would like to be able to record on the device. Somehing that really does not work well on this device.

DukesDad wrote:
    but.. I have donwloaded the RTE player, where I have had no issue using this on and Android/iPhone, the App is not designed for Android STB. i'ts a bit of a pain to navigate and you may find there are parts of the App that you can't use because you can't navigate to it.

Thanks, I would like to be able to use the rte player.

I just checked, the TV3 Player works perfectly as does Netflix and YouTube.
    I might try the free 2 weeks subscription to NowTV to see how well that works.

DukesDad wrote:
    I just checked, the TV3 Player works perfectly as does Netflix and YouTube. I might try the free 2 weeks subscription to NowTV to see how well that works.

Does the rte player still not work

• Advertisement

Does the rte player still not work
    There is an updated RTÉ Player that works very well so far,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I have always thought these android boxes were a better option than the linux ones as you have all your apps integrated.

However eir sports don't work on these, only through the chromecast it seems.

However eir sports don't work on these, only through the chromecast it seems.

Is Eir Sports not a subscription channel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is Eir Sports not a subscription channel ?

It is but you could use the android app (if subscribed to their broadband) on the box, but I think they only support chromecast.

It is but you could use the android app (if subscribed to their broadband) on the box, but I think they only support chromecast.

Oh right I'm with you now.

• Advertisement

DukesDad wrote:
    I have started to group the Sat/Saorview channels into favourite groups using the remote control supplied but this is a very painful task. Is there an easier way to do this? Can I access this via netwok and setup that way?

Hi can you put the saorview and satellite channels in one list. Any chance of a pic of the epg. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shepherd13

Hi,

I just got this box and tuned in the channels. Netflix won't work
    so I think I have to get a mouse toggle app. You can download new picons using an app that comes preinstalled. Not sure how this works on Irish channels yet though. Happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevoc91

Shepherd13 wrote: »
    Hi,

I just got this box and tuned in the channels. Netflix won't work
    so I think I have to get a mouse toggle app. You can download new picons using an app that comes preinstalled. Not sure how this works on Irish channels yet though. Happy so far.

Hi, i just got this box today myself and Netflix won't work for me either.
    In the channel manager section, it won't allow me to move channels (that button is just darkened out) It will only allow me to delete or rename channels . Anyone know how to resolve this? And move channels up so they are in sequence.

kevoc91 wrote: »
    Hi, i just got this box today myself and Netflix won't work for me either.
    In the channel manager section, it won't allow me to move channels (that button is just darkened out) It will only allow me to delete or rename channels . Anyone know how to resolve this? And move channels up so they are in sequence.

You can move them from the channel manger on the home screen. I figure out how to use netflix. You have to go into the chrome settings and enable mouse toggle then the mouse toggle will appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevoc91

Got it, thanks ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I'm thinking of getting this A5 as an alternative to the saorview combi box, does this one record and also does it have a 7 day EPG for both the sat & irish channels?

And finally, would you recommend it overall?

TIA.

Kagawa wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting this A5 as an alternative to the saorview combi box, does this one record and also does it have a 7 day EPG for both the sat & irish channels?

And finally, would you recommend it overall?

TIA.

Hi Kagawa,

Hi you can buy mine. I'm thinking of getting a new TV with Sat. The box is ok, it has the epg but live pause isn't easy. Overall, it would happily replace a saorview box but I was trying to do much more than that and I hasn't delivered.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

Just to go off on a slight tangent, I wonder has anyone here dual booted the A5 with an Enigma 2 SD card.
    I have the Android side set up as I want, but was wondering if adding the Enigma 2 image, would change any Android settings and would the Enigma require a rescan.
    Dave

Advertisement