Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time mum very anxious!!!

Options
  • 31-08-2018 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys,

I had a private scan done the other day (at 11 weeks & 1 day pregnant) - baby's heart rate was 163, is this normal?

I am 12 weeks pregnant on Monday but am still freaking out about miscarriage... though I heard that after hearing a heartbeat and reaching 12 weeks your risk of miscarriage drops dramatically? Is this true?

My baby was also moving around like crazy and waving his/her little arms during the scan...

It's my first baby so I don't really know whats normal and whats not, it's all so overwhelming!! I also suffer with anxiety, which doesn't help...

I had a scan done at 8 weeks too and heart rate was 173 at the time - so it's gone down from 173 - 163 in 3 weeks.... does this sound right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

163 totally normal. Heart rate can vary anyway, but as baby gets older, the heart rate comes down. My baby was 170ish at 8 weeks. I'm now 33 weeks and the rate is 120ish.

Once they've heard a heartbeat and baby is measuring correctly to dates, the risk of a miscarriage is around 2%.

Relax and enjoy it! You can start telling people your good news now.

Advertisement