Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front light mount/bracket for aero handlebar

Options
  • 31-08-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭

For anyone who has a bike with aero handlebars, how have you managed to mount a front light?

I have recently bought a Canyon bike that has an aero handlebar.
    It's non-circular profile means I can't fit a standard (circular profile) bracket for a front light

The front light is an Exposure Strada 600. I have contacted Exposure and they suggested asking someone with a 3D printer to make something bespoke for me.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Have you a garmin mount on the bars ?
    Can a light be mounted under it - I have canon aero bar with a dual garmin mount so garmin on top and go pro underneath with an adapter from go pro to
    lezyne.

jamesd wrote: »
    Have you a garmin mount on the bars ?
    Can a light be mounted under it - I have canon aero bar with a dual garmin mount so garmin on top and go pro underneath with an adapter from go pro to
    lezyne.

Nice setup!

I don't have a Garmin, but it is on the wish-list :pac:

What Canyon aero bar do you have? I have the H31 (Canyon Endurace CF SL 8.0)

Do you have a link for the dual Garmin mount that is compatible with your Canyon aero bar? I can only find the single Garmin mount

I have the H31 bar's too, so I got the canyon garmin ,h31 mount then also purchased the Garmin Cycling Combo Mount (VIRB® Series) from wiggle ( https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/p/515324 )

Took the center and bottom from the garmin combo mount and put it into the canyon mount and then had garmin on top, go pro mount on the bottom so with a go pro to lezyne adapter then I could use my light.

Messy but works.

I have the H31 bar's too, so I got the canyon garmin ,h31 mount then also purchased the Garmin Cycling Combo Mount (VIRB® Series) from wiggle ( https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/p/515324 )

Took the center and bottom from the garmin combo mount and put it into the canyon mount and then had garmin on top, go pro mount on the bottom so with a go pro to lezyne adapter then I could use my light.

Messy but works.

Thanks jamesd, that's given me some food for thought!

• Advertisement

If you want pics let me know and Ill post them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

That's a nifty solution, they make great lights too, price is high though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Light doesn't have to go on bars.

https://www.cyclingabout.com/how-to-mount-bikepacking-lights/

I've seen on audax guy with axle adapter.

Also on front brake mount, although selection of battery lights would be small

https://www.peterwhitecycles.com/b&m.php

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Alexzont

You can try these 3d printed mounts for attaching lights to GoPro mounts (Maybe contact him about fitting a Strada). https://www.r3pro.co.uk/collections/cree-light-mounts

I've got one that attaches to a k-edge wahoo mount for my exposure TraceR and it works incredibly well.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll have a look at them all tomorrow and get back to ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

ford2600 wrote: »
    Light doesn't have to go on bars.

https://www.cyclingabout.com/how-to-mount-bikepacking-lights/

I've seen on audax guy with axle adapter.

I've made my own version of this mount clamped to top of fork leg for a secondary light. Mine is made from a short length of qualpex pipe, a bit of electrician's earth strap, a couple of washers and a bolt. Does the job nicely...
    Profile-Designs-UCM.jpg

The stem mount is cool, but doesn't work with the Canyon H31 integrated handlebar & stem.

55de04661d2085a8f90f6ab699a9d.jpg

This is what I went with in the end...

Exposure have a very simple silicone mount that is designed for an aero bar.

"Well why didn't you just buy that in the first place then" :rolleyes: I hear you ask... well Exposure told me that it wouldn't be compatible with a Strada light. I decided to order it and try it out... and it does seem to work quite well. There is a bit of shake when on a rough road and the light does need a bit of an adjustment every now and again, but it has got me out of this pickle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Messy but works.

Silly question, but would this work without a garmin? I just want to mount a go pro neatly. Have the CP04 bar which uses the same 2 screw canyon mount as the H31 but I'm guessing I need to buy the dual mount from garmin?

EDIT: They actually do a phone mount with built in go pro mount so not to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

For anyone who has a bike with aero handlebars, how have you managed to mount a front light?

I have recently bought a Canyon bike that has an aero handlebar.
    It's non-circular profile means I can't fit a standard (circular profile) bracket for a front light

The front light is an Exposure Strada 600. I have contacted Exposure and they suggested asking someone with a 3D printer to make something bespoke for me.

Any thoughts?

I use these to mount lights on my bikes, i dont usually have a light on my canyon but i just tried fitting one with these and it worked perfectly.
    I can pop one in the post for you if you like.

sullzz wrote: »
    I use these to mount lights on my bikes, i dont usually have a light on my canyon but i just tried fitting one with these and it worked perfectly.
    I can pop one in the post for you if you like.

PM sent

Advertisement