Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planned city centre facelift.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Have the buses in the city got better or something or are there a lot of Bus Eireann employees on here? When I lived in the city and relied on the bus it was common for it to just not show up. Particularly on Sunday early afternoons. I went back a few years ago to show my wife around. Tried to get a bus from Salthill into the city. Waited for 2 of the scheduled pick ups before giving up and walking in and they had the poxy LED sign that just said something like no data available or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Wompa1 wrote:
    Have the buses in the city got better or something or are there a lot of Bus Eireann employees on here? When I lived in the city and relied on the bus it was common for it to just not show up. Particularly on Sunday early afternoons. I went back a few years ago to show my wife around. Tried to get a bus from Salthill into the city. Waited for 2 of the scheduled pick ups before giving up and walking in and they had the poxy LED sign that just said something like no data available or something like that.

Those poxy LED signs! I think they are informed by satellites in space. The sattelite overseeing Galway must have detoured to Mars or Pluto. Try to get explanations for this and all you get is gobbledygook.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Wompa1 wrote: »
    They're a lot better than they used to be that's not in question, services disappearing can still happen. The Real Time screens are mostly reliable but traffic can make them appear wrong and they don't take into account drivers and their habit of taking breaks when a bus is due. As has been said a million times if the road network prioritized public transport we'd have very few issues to whinge about.

Advertisement