Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought from Argos - not as described

Options
  • 31-08-2018 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi

I bought a Moto e4 phone from Argos yesterday and their ad states it supports contactless payment and NFC. It turns out it doesn't have either. Motorola don't make it easy as they issue so many variants of their phones with minor spec changes, but I'm assuming I'm within my rights to return?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

if the Argos catalog stated functionality that the phone does not have, then yes you can just return it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dubdev

Just returned it there and got a refund on the spot - pretty sound in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This happens all the time .... anxious consumer posts on boards about an issue with a purchase from Argos. Gets told to bring it back and is pleasantly surprised with their returns policy.

I have never had to return anything to them but the knowledge of their generous policy has lead me on several occasions to buy stuff from them that I might otherwise have bought from Amazon or one of the local bricks & mortar electrical stores. So even if they get screwed around by tyre kickers/time wasters bringing back goods on a flimsy excuse, I'd say the policy does lead to extra sales and more than pays for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

dubdev wrote: »
    Just returned it there and got a refund on the spot - pretty sound in fairness!

Well under consumer legislation they really had no option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

they could have dragged their feet, made op feel like he was the one in the wrong etc. they didn't.

good customer service should be recognised - try returning something for a refund at some of the other retailers and see if you appreciate Argos a little more then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

To be fair to them they are probably the easiest company to deal with regarding returns, never any problem bringing back stuff even if they werent under any obligation to do so

Advertisement