Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accused in the wong leading to a warning

Options
  • 31-08-2018 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

So I got tagged by herselfs brother about a wrestling event in the Wright Venue.

Looked on the Wrestling form and see no mention of it, so I posted a link to the ticket page and the only link I could get to post on the Wright Venue Facebook page. I never heard of them before and knowing the Irish wrestling scene assumed not Irish so did not post in the Irish promotion thread

I get a warning for this and accused of "promoting events" from Jayhunter

"Irish promotions have their own thread - and it's highly suspicious that your first post back in PW is a garbled facebook URL ad. Your post has been deleted and you are warned to just converse on the PW forum (ie *do not* promote events). Thanks, PW mods"

I am highly annoyed at the attitude taken here, as I said in the PM to Jayhunter, simply move it to the appropriate thread and then send me a PM.

Not bang warning/slap on wrist and delete the thread

"garbled facebook url ad"
    <link snipped>

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Just a quick reminder that if you're not a party to the dispute, you shouldn't post here.

That goes double if you've nothing helpful to add.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

Yeah and got the same attitude accusing me of trying to promote a show and how dare I use that long link to the Facebook page

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I shall alert the Sports CMods to this thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What were you attempting to link to in that post?

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    What were you attempting to link to in that post?

The post about the event in wright venue page

Facebook usually let's you share and then copy link, but wouldn't happen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OK thanks , have you any link to the promoters, or are getting any reward or goodwill from them for posting it?. Or any reason to post that link other than public interest?
    Please answer carefully, I am aware of your history there.

Thanks.

OK thanks , have you any link to the promoters, or are getting any reward or goodwill from them for posting it?. Or any reason to post that link other than public interest?
    Please answer carefully, I am aware of your history there.

Thanks.

I never heard of them or the event until herself brother tagged me, I thought was promotion from outside Ireland. Only posted it cause wright venue unusual venue and new promotion

what do you mean by

"I am aware of your history there"
    ???

OK, apologies, I was premature there, I need to get more input from the mod.

You appear to have posted a link to an event, and the mod in their card message said you were told not to previously. I will await their side of it before commenting further.

I've heard from the mod, it doesn't appear that you fully engaged with them per the DRP rules.

Please fwd me any pm's that demonstrate that you tried and failed to pursue this.

You have only made 5 posts in the last year in the forum so when you post with 2 spammy links to an event, I can understand why the mod can get antsy about it.

That said, I will converse further with the mod and see if this can be resolved amicability.

• Advertisement

I've heard from the mod, it doesn't appear that you fully engaged with them per the DRP rules.

Please fwd me any pm's that demonstrate that you tried and failed to pursue this.

You have only made 5 posts in the last year in the forum so when you post with 2 spammy links to an event, I can understand why the mod can get antsy about it.

That said, I will converse further with the mod and see if this can be resolved amicability.

I will sent you on the PM I sent in disbelieve

I don't post because I don't watch it religiously so cant comment or post like I use to, probably better off in football form as I watch that weekly, but then that's effort to get into...

Hi jeffk,

I've gotten the full pm exchange from the mod.

Basically, what you did was post a link to an event (aka a product or service under the site terms). In general this is forbidden nearly everywhere on boards, there are a few exceptions.

The mods have no idea whether you are involved in promoting it or whether it is just you posting a 'newsworthy' link.
    They can get a fair idea from regular posters posts that they are just posting news, and can allow these posts at their discretion, mostly, however, in any forum where you do not post regularly and you wish to post such a link, it is best to pm a mod and get permission (just so it is clear you are not self promoting).

The yellow card issued is the lowest sanction available to the mod, and I don't think it was unfairly applied or biased towards you personally in any way. It will expire in a few days, and in the grand scheme of user history on boards will only serve to remind other mods in the future that you were warned about this behavior previously in the event you do the same thing again.

I cannot see any reason to overturn the mod action here so therefore am upholding the warning.

You may appeal this further to Admin as per DRP rules.

Hi jeffk,

It's been a week and we haven't heard from you despite you being online. Can this be closed? Do you wish to have an admin review.

Thanks.

Hello Steve,

I assumed when the verdict was reached and card stood that was the end of it and pointless to reply

I've been online, but not pushed posting in general as once again a Mod has soured me on Boards!!

All the best,
    Jeff

jeffk wrote: »
    Hello Steve,

I assumed when the verdict was reached and card stood that was the end of it and pointless to reply

I've been online, but not pushed posting in general as once again a Mod has soured me on Boards!!

All the best,
    Jeff

Not sure what you mean by that, there are no mod actions on your account subsequent the the one you are appealing here.

Can you please let me know if you wish to appeal this dispute to admin or, if not, we can close this and mark it resolved.

Thank you.

Steve you can close this and mark it resolved

OK, thanks for that.

If you feel any mod has acted inappropriately, here is not the place to discuss it, however please pm any cmod or admin with your concerns.

I'll request this thread to be marked as resolved.

Thanks again,
    Steve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement