Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan air website charged my card different than what was displayed

Options
  • 31-08-2018 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

I logged in to the Ryan air booking page to put a name change through on a flight last Thursday, it showed €110 on the first page, but changed to €115 on the checkout for no reason.
    I paid it, after I clicked submit on the checkout page an error was displayed.
    I went back into the booking and saw that the name had been changed so I phone up and confirmed that the payment had gone through and name was changed (as we were flying the next morning).

I logged into my bank account yesterday and €215 was taken out of my account.
    I logged into the webchat and was informed that the reason that the additional €100 was taken out was that the initial ticket was bought using vouchers and that the voucher wasn't transferable. I didn't know this, but confirmed it on the terms and conditions of the voucher.

I do not accept that the additional €100 was taken out of my account as I only authorised €115 to be taken out. The website had an error when the payment was being taken.

I think I've created a complaint case on the Ryan Air site with photos of the €115 in the cart but I'm not sure whether it went through as... yes... the site have a 500 error when I tried to submit the complaint.

Can anyone suggest what options I have here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So, just to clarify.

the total cost was €215 but you paid €100 with a voucher that you had no right to use?

"but changed to €115 on the checkout for no reason."

A full breakdown of the cost is given. Did you look at the breakdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

So, just to clarify.

the total cost was €215 but you paid €100 with a voucher that you had no right to use?

"but changed to €115 on the checkout for no reason."

A full breakdown of the cost is given. Did you look at the breakdown?

No, sorry. I booked initially for myself and my buddy, and he had used a voucher in his ticket. He couldn't go so one of the other guys said he would pay the money to change the name so he could use it.

When I logged into make the change, the website checkout (breakdown) showed €115, as attached.
    I clicked pay on the site and an error was displayed.

My issue is that I was charged €215 from this transaction.
    I did not authorise this amount to be taken, and the guy who was buying the ticket wouldn't be able to afford it.

... Attachment didn't upload as in mobile. I'll try at home, but only shows the €115

one of things are going to happen. You either pay the €215 so your mate can go or Ryanair rollback the transaction and the ticket reverts to the original named person.

The trip itinerary online should have a cost breakdown. It does for the trip i booked yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

This has happened to me before, when I was paying by both voucher and paypal. The site displayed one amount at checkout, and then charged my card the full amount, while using the vouchers also. The Ryanair website has obviously been designed by a 10 year old.

• Advertisement
Advertisement