Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deciding between induction or elective c section after previous induction experience

Options
  • 31-08-2018 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Just looking for people’s experiences and feedback. I’m 38 +1 on my second baby and the hospital would ideally like to induce me soon because of predicted large baby (and previous large baby) and excess fluid. All along I’ve said I’d hope to avoid induction and prefer elective section if they want baby out early because my last birth was an induction that ended in a forceps theatre delivery. Hospital keep insisting ‘this time would probably be different’ because it’s my second baby. They have said if I want a section that’s also fine too. I am not sure what to think or do. Has anyone been in a similar position and gone for another induction after a not so great induction experience previously? How did you come to the decision when it was left up to you?

Obviously if I go myself between now and next Friday when I need to have made a decision then that would be ideal :)

*edited to add I’d also love to hear if you went for a section after previous induction experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Slightly different to what you asked but i had induction on my first with an episiotomy and ventouse delivery. My stitches broke down after and it took ages to heal.

On my second, When I got to 37 weeks or so, I had bad varicose veins down below. I was in the hospital appointment and the doctor asked had I thought about a section, I broke down in tears, I didn't realise how anxious/petrified about vaginal delivery I actually was.

I was so grateful to be given the choice. I chose an elective section, and it was so much better, although i still got an infected wound after it but much better recovery overall, if I was going again I would choose a section again but 2 is enough for us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

ainy wrote: »
    Slightly different to what you asked but i had induction on my first with an episiotomy and ventouse delivery. My stitches broke down after and it took ages to heal.

On my second, When I got to 37 weeks or so, I had bad varicose veins down below. I was in the hospital appointment and the doctor asked had I thought about a section, I broke down in tears, I didn't realise how anxious/petrified about vaginal delivery I actually was.

I was so grateful to be given the choice. I chose an elective section, and it was so much better, although i still got an infected wound after it but much better recovery overall, if I was going again I would choose a section again but 2 is enough for us!!

Thanks so much for this. I’ve been so anxious too without even realising how bad I was! I’m delighted you had a positive c section experience after all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Also slightly different but on my last pregnancy I chose a section after waters broke and nothing happened. Had a fantastic recovery and all went to plan. Looking forward to a nice planned section this time, we all know things can happen but I've great peace of mind knowing its a controlled process and there'll be no panic.

Advertisement