Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lift Share

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

alta stare wrote: »
    I did. Im 3rd phase now. 4th early next year in WIT so at least its local.

Ah right nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Ah right nice one

Yeah its grand a good job to be in and phase two is handy as long as the work is put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What's the rate of pay in the first phase, and how long is it?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What's the rate of pay in the first phase, and how long is it?

That is dependant on your employer. When an apprentice gets to fas for the 2nd phase they get the rate relevant to their trade and its the same procedure in phases 4 and 6. One sticky with all thus tho is that the employer is not legally obliged to pay the recommended rate. That is an absolute joke and makes a mockery of the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

alta stare wrote: »
    That is dependant on your employer. When an apprentice gets to fas for the 2nd phase they get the rate relevant to their trade and its the same procedure in phases 4 and 6. One sticky with all thus tho is that the employer is not legally obliged to pay the recommended rate. That is an absolute joke and makes a mockery of the system.

i think lads are getting seriously screwed in this, i know older people, parents that have gone back into the trades, and have struggled during the earlier phases, id imagine its still a struggle for young lads to survive on the current pay rates, particularly during those earlier phases.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i think lads are getting seriously screwed in this, i know older people, parents that have gone back into the trades, and have struggled during the earlier phases, id imagine its still a struggle for young lads to survive on the current pay rates, particularly during those earlier phases.

It can be hard for older people alright but i guess it is a choice they make themselves. For younger people the money for sparking is good so they would go through the phases without much of a financial struggle.

Advertisement