Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing LandRover Defender Station Wagon

Options
  • 31-08-2018 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

Looking for some tips and advice on importing a Land Rover Defender please and thank you!

I am looking to get a 7 seater, long wheel base Defender in from the UK that I can tax and insure privately here in Ireland (not a whole lot for sale here!)

Couple of questions:
    - How can I make sure that I can actually register, tax and insure the jeep as private? What should I keep an eye out for in the UK market? Does the jeep have to be registered as Station Wagon in UK or does UK registration even matter?
    - I take it the 13%VRT will apply - how do I calculate the OMSP?
    - What road tax am I liable to pay once I get it in? (Im guessing its band F so 1200 a year -is this right? or does it fall in the higher bracket G of 2350? )

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
    Nothing on VRT calculator website for Defenders and everything in Ireland seems to be registered as commercial (which I dont want) so sorry if some of these seem a bit remedial!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

No help here but very interested in this as in thinking of doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Where do you get the notion that 13% VRT applies to a 7 seat defender?

I'd guess 36% based on emissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mcdizzle

Ah, your probably right!

I was reading other (older) threads here and the discussion was around a 200euro flat fee or the 13%. Looking again, that is in reference to the commercial defenders in the N1 category so obviously not applicable for my wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mcdizzle

Friendly bump on this if anyone can help answer the questions in the OP?

Advertisement