Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decimal in financial statements

• 31-08-2018 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I am preparing financial statements for a small limited company to be filed with CRO. I include decimals in the balance sheet values but I have seen that other filers just round up those values. Is it correct to include decimals values on the balance sheet for CRO?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I imagine the accounting standards you prepare your statements under might infer it is better to round... but that is arguably a subjective interpretation of the general principles :-)

That is, including decimals can clutter pages, makes them harder to read, understand, compare, etc. without being materially relevant, which can be argued to go against those lovely general principles...

If you've got some signed printed accounts all ready for the CRO, I doubt they will take issue, but if not I'd clean them up unless by some minute chance it materially changes your numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Round them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

We always round when preparing the statements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

ebbsy wrote: »
    Round them up.

is rounding not where 1c - 49c you round down
    50c - 99c you round up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 onlinepal100

Narrow definition of rounding Yes!

Look at the Financial Statements of larger PLCs they will generally round to '000s or even 'ms or even 'bns depending on the size of the company.

• Advertisement
Advertisement