Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like to do in FPL

• 31-08-2018 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was thinking the other day I HATE captaining players away from home. I will 99% go for the home player even if its a slightier tougher fixture. No logic to it. Just something I don't like doing.

I also feel the same captaining the early game. Weather its a Friday night or the Saturday morning. Moreso the Saturday morning as its known as the curse of accumulators so I always think my captain will fail.

You guys/gals got any weird things you just don't like doing in FPL for no logical reason?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I don't like:

- having a non playing keeper (unless its the actual back up to my first choice)
    - captaining a defender. I have never, and will never, do it.
    - taking a hit to get in a player if the hit requires me to sell another player I would otherwise keep. I didn't upgrade to Alonso this week as it would have involved a hit to sell Sadio Mane.
    - making early transfers. Too much can go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Playing an extra cheap (4-4.5) defender over a cheap midfielder/forward even if the fixtures favour the defender. Case in point - AWB benched this week and Kante starting.

Captaining a defender.

Checking my teams points total post 60 but pre full time. Recipe for disaster for clean sheets. Unfortunately I love checking BPS and doing this causes me to see the points total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Not making a transfer. Just feels wrong

skippy15 wrote: »
    Not making a transfer. Just feels wrong

For a while last season, not taking a hit felt wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't like playing 4 at the back, although this season may be an exception

Not a fan of the strong front 8, can wreck my head picking a team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

KevIRL wrote: »
    For a while last season, not taking a hit felt wrong

Second half of last season I was taking hits very regularly, made a big difference positively to how my season panned out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Own Willian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Own any man city midfielders.

have a non playing bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I really don’t like captaining the Monday night game, partly because I don’t think I’ve ever really had any joy with it but also because if players start racking up big scores on the Saturday and Sunday you’re “thinking” about how your own captain will do for even longer.

Obviously if salah is home to Newcastle on a Monday night I’m going with it but if it’s a 50/50 call I’ll generally lean away from the Monday game.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I really don’t like captaining the Monday night game, partly because I don’t think I’ve ever really had any joy with it but also because if players start racking up big scores on the Saturday and Sunday you’re “thinking” about how your own captain will do for even longer.

Obviously if salah is home to Newcastle on a Monday night I’m going with it but if it’s a 50/50 call I’ll generally lean away from the Monday game.

Would tend to agree. However in somewhat of a contradiction I like having the armband on a player playing in the last game of a DGW. Think that's all down to Sess a few years back mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Captaining a player in the 12.30 match.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Didnt really know what to write in here but since a few have brought it up.

I never let the time or day a player plays decide my captain. Best captain in your opinion is the best captain for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Wildcarding when having 2 free transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Captaining Lukaku especially in Mon night fixture. Have the fear all weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Watching a match with my captain playing.

Worse is watching a match where I onky have defenders on each team. I keep saying "Miss! Fall over! Hit Row Z!"

km79 wrote: »
    Own Willian

Or Pedro

Get drunk. Post. Get banned.

That was hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Forgot about that hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links