Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer right laws violation..an under warranty unrepaired Lenovo phone

Options
  • 31-08-2018 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello Boards community ..
    I have a Lenovo zuk 1 phone which is like new from the outside but it started to turn off by itself during usage .. every 10 minutes
    It is under warranty but the warranty will end on 22/10
    I've sent it to fonfix one month ago .. i thought it was promising and they will fix my phone or replace it because it doesn't have any single damage or water .. or even a scratch .. it is obvious that it has a manufacturing issue with mother board or something.. anyway they don't disagree with that
    Thy just returned it unrepaired after a month
    A note attached (returned unrepaired as requested)
    I opened the FAQ page on fonfix website to find out that returned unrepaired as requested means that they didnt find the right replacements to fix the phone
    Does the phone lose its warranty if they was unable to fix it?
    It is still under warranty .. is there any violation of consumer right laws here?
    And how can i solve my problem before the warranty ends?
    I think they sent it to waste some time until i lose the warranty benefits .. do they use tricks usually?
    Thanks for everyone read or replied on this thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Warranty and consumer rights are completely different things. Your consumer rights are not affected in any way by the failed repair; in fact your case to ask for a replacement or refund has been hugely strengthened. This is assuming the phone was bought in Ireland.

However, unrepaired as requested could also mean they attempted to contact you as they found water damage or something similar and needed consent for a chargeable repair. Attempt may have been one call from a withheld number. You need to find out exactly why it was returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hannibal91

So first i should contact fonfix to find out why exactly they returned it .
    I watch emails every day .. nothing received from them.
    The phone was bought in czech republic
    Thank you for the information you gave .. i appreciate it.. i will start by contacting them first
    By the way .. is this the right forum for such a topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is the right forum yeah.

Irish consumer rights don't apply to something bought in CZ, there are European protections which are complicated to explain. It is possible that Fonefix were not allowed claim on the warranty for the repair due to it being in a different country. If this is the case you would need to take a European Small Claims case against the seller in CZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Surely the op would have to contact the seller in Czech Republic first for their opinion before any suggestion of EU legislation.

If the op bought whilst in cz, then they would have to arrange delivery for repair.

Probably best option is to contact Lenovo directly - their repair centre is in Germany and they ship/collect via DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

I echo what the last poster said. if you phone is under warranty, contact lenovo direct. for your own sake.

i dont know what your consumer rights are in the country of purchase, but you can skip that whole issue by going direct.

• Advertisement

Well .. thank you all for your replies
    i'm trying to reach lenovo for two months .. but no success with that
    i also contacted the company that i bought the phone from in CZ .. they said they only provide paid repair .. they told me to go directly to lenovo
    but the main problem is Lenovo hiding itself .. when i contact a normal website of lenovo they say they only support laptops not phones and i have to find the lenovo phones website
    i found that lenovo zuk website for lenovo phnes but always i found an error that prevented me from sending the message
    it is like they abandoned their phones and their phone's customers

thank you.. i'll try that one

Advertisement