Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women making the first move

• 31-08-2018 8:11pm
    Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Got to be honest, plenty of women have made the first move asked me out, I have no problem with it. But, personally, as a guy, I prefer to be the one to make the first move.

It's awkward if you don't fancy the girl because you have to turn them down in a nice way.

Or, if you're really drunk, they can try to take advantage of you. One minute you're enjoying a few too many drinks with your mates, the next, you're being dragged into a taxi.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Balanadan wrote: »
    Got to be honest, plenty of women have made the first move asked me out, I have no problem with it. But, personally, as a guy, I prefer to be the one to make the first move.

It's awkward if you don't fancy the girl because you have to turn them down in a nice way.

Or, if you're really drunk, they can try to take advantage of you. One minute you're enjoying a few too many drinks with your mates, the next, you're being dragged into a taxi.

Oftentimes I find women do make the first move, if only subliminally. For example, prolonged eye contact, laughing at one's jokes, light physical touches, etc. I do think one has to develop a sense of self and confidence in order to interpret such hints as, well, hints themselves but it probably comes with age. With this in mind I think it's extremely rare to see a male make a "real" first move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Havent you any homework to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

As a man, I usually make the first move.

As im an ugly bastard, the woman makes the second move...and leaves :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

One minute you're enjoying a few too many drinks with your mates, the next, you're being dragged into a taxi.

I bleedin' hate that too. Every fekin time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Oftentimes I find women do make the first move, if only subliminally. For example, prolonged eye contact, laughing at one's jokes, light physical touches, etc. I do think one has to develop a sense of self and confidence in order to interpret such hints as, well, hints themselves but it probably comes with age. With this in mind I think it's extremely rare to see a male make a "real" first move.

No surprise there as I don't think I've ever laughed at a woman telling a joke...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I bleedin' hate that too. Every fekin time.

You just have to hope that she doesn't live ****ing miles from your home or hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Gurls have cooties.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

whiskeyman wrote: »
    No surprise there as I don't think I've ever laughed at a woman telling a joke...

Unless a womans joke ends in 'my vagina' it isn't funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Gurls have cooties.....

No, its boobies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

You just have to hope that she doesn't live ****ing miles from your home or hotel.

Or that there's three of them and only one of you. I feel so used after foursomes where I'm the only knob bearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

I make the moves.

They go “ooh yea :eek: da boy is mine!” and its murder on the dance floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Havent you any homework to do?

Last weekend of the school holidays - leave him alone!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

There's a lot of jealousy on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Debtocracy

Due to chronic sexual frustration, the subject has dissociated into a fantasy world where he is the subject of all woman’s desires. At our last session he discussed his frustration at not being able to date 3 women in one weekend due to his commitment with a high-powered financial services job. Today he talked about his frustration of women dragging him into a taxi and having their way with him. These thinly veiled sources of anger portray an escalation in his delusions of grandeur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

There's a lot of jealousy on here.

Must be something to do with the smell of bull**** that's floating around certain posters...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Chewbacca wrote: »
    As a man, I usually make the first move.

As im an ugly bastard, the woman makes the second move...and leaves :(

Have you considered maybe taking off your Chewbacca mask first? :D

Debtocracy wrote: »
    Due to chronic sexual frustration, the subject has dissociated into a fantasy world where he is the subject of all woman’s desires. At our last session he discussed his frustration at not being able to date 3 women in one weekend due to his commitment with a high-powered financial services job. Today he talked about his frustration of women dragging him into a taxi and having their way with him. These thinly veiled sources of anger portray an escalation in his delusions of grandeur.

I don't work in financial services mate. Nor do I have delusions of grandeur. I'm just trying to find a decent woman. You won't find one sitting inside scratching yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

I don't work in financial services mate. Nor do I have delusions of grandeur. I'm just trying to find a decent woman. You won't find one sitting inside scratching yourself.

So true. She's waiting her for you on boards... Wait...

Reati wrote: »
    So true. She's waiting her for you on boards... Wait...

Normally I'd save the domestic and admin jobs for a Sunday, but I've got another date then so it's a Friday night in for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

But, personally, as a guy, I prefer to be the one to make the first move.

Or, if you're really drunk, they can try to take advantage of you.

So you'd rather put them in the position of having to deal with all the stuff you don't like?

Do you reckon they do like it, or...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DivingDuck wrote: »
    So you'd rather put them in the position of having to deal with all the stuff you don't like?

Do you reckon they do like it, or...?

Well, their judgement is probably better than his...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Op,

If you'd experiences of being an above average guy you'd find yourself having a pick of Taxi's to choose from. Don't despair. Check out some PUA videos to even the odds compared to above average guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well unless you weigh about 8 stone and are 5ft tall its hard to imagine a woman dragging you into a taxi

Maybe its Fake Taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I think I am going to die old n' wrinkly n' decrepid n' alone. :( Sad times sad times.... :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Jaysus I couldn't get a sniff of a woman in my twenties. Absolutely no confidence in meeting women on a night out, it's the last place I'd do it tbh. I've asked plenty in other settings and tinder and such but I'm damn glad when they make a move. It was very pleasant in Asia earlier this summer to have all this extra man-value on the strength of my nationality.

Op,

If you'd experiences of being an above average guy you'd find yourself having a pick of Taxi's to choose from. Don't despair. Check out some PUA videos to even the odds compared to above average guys.

What are you on about?

Well unless you weigh about 8 stone and are 5ft tall its hard to imagine a woman dragging you into a taxi

Maybe its Fake Taxi

Depends on how much you've had to drink tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭con___manx1

In the states its alot more common for the woman to make the first move.
    It could of been the fact i was irish over there i dont no but it was easier for me t score there for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Girls find it awkward if you make the first move and don't like you either OP

In my opinion..anyone should be able to make the first move, obviously more men than women make the first move and thats fine but good on the girls who have the confidence to ask a guy out..and good on the guys who ask out girls too, it takes guts no matter your gender

• Advertisement

What a playa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Any Land Balanadan?!? :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I think I am going to die old n' wrinkly n' decrepid n' alone. :( Sad times sad times.... :(:(:(

My tagline on my online dating profile was often 'Maybe it's finally time to settle'. Maybe this resonates.

/runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Brandy & Monica the boy is mine...,

No he ain't he just got burned...

cantdecide wrote: »
    It was very pleasant in Asia earlier this summer to have all this extra man-value on the strength of my nationality.

Any western male with money would do.

Advertisement