Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon DSLR Clearance, Currys

• 31-08-2018 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭

May or may not be still available - these were on the Currys website this morning but listed as not in stock, but are not on the website now. However, I saw the stock listing on their internal computer, and there is one left (of the std 750d, not sure about the kit) in nearly every store (as at about 11am). Most of these will be display models, but you could be lucky and get one brand new in the box.

Canon 750d with 18-55mm and 50mm 1.8 Lenses - €370 (There are 3 of the kit listed at the Dublin Airport store, which means one display and 2 bnib.)

Canon 750d with std 18-55 lens - €340

Don't know what stock levels are like for this :

Canon 1300 and 18-55mm lens - €200

Canon 1300 body only €140 (i think I saw that)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 d.maric

Got one of these about two weeks ago, thanks! Please keep us notified whenever you see such a clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ablelocks

d.maric wrote: »
    Got one of these about two weeks ago, thanks! Please keep us notified whenever you see such a clearance.

you're welcome - which one did you get? I assumed they'd have been cleared out fairly fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

Wish I had seen this earlier. Missed out on one and on the look out at the moment.

Canon 1300 body only €140 (i think I saw that)- Still listed at that price but out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2 d.maric

I got this one: Canon 750d with 18-55mm and 50mm 1.8 Lenses
    It was the only one complete set (boxed and with all the items inside) left. It took quite some time to get it delivered from airport shop to other Currys outlet for pickup, but there was no additional cost for me. There might be some sets left still, but missing some items like battery, lens cover or strap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Moving2017

IBrows89 wrote: »
    Wish I had seen this earlier. Missed out on one and on the look out at the moment.

Canon 1300 body only €140 (i think I saw that)- Still listed at that price but out of stock

Maybe it's due to return into stock...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i think you need to go instore and ask them to check - if i hadn't asked, I wouldn't have got mine

I didn't know they would/could move stock from one store for pick-up at another....might be useful in the future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I just tried in store, they had a 1300d however he said that price is only online clearance, not instore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I would be very wary about buying an ex display DSLR. Most are displayed without lenses and I've seen people putting their fingers into the camera and touching sensors and mirror boxes etc, god only knows what kind of damage is done to them. I recently looked at a Sony A7 and the dirt and fingerprints on the sensor made me cringe :(

I would be very wary about buying an ex display DSLR. Most are displayed without lenses and I've seen people putting their fingers into the camera and touching sensors and mirror boxes etc, god only knows what kind of damage is done to them. I recently looked at a Sony A7 and the dirt and fingerprints on the sensor made me cringe :(

I'm would be looking for it more as parts than as the body of the camera... as I broke the LCD on mine, and haven't located a replacement as of yet.

I agree with you on the sensors and mirror boxes... Some people just don't seem to understand that they're what make a camera work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Moving2017 wrote: »
    I'm would be looking for it more as parts than as the body of the camera... as I broke the LCD on mine, and haven't located a replacement as of yet.

I picked up a Pentax LCD from TMart, if that's any help.

• Advertisement

I picked up a Pentax LCD from TMart, if that's any help.

Thanks! I'll have a look into that..

Advertisement