Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

timthumbni wrote: »
    The spinners will be in knots over this. Great to see. If they step out of line then maybe the Donald will refer to Gerry’s nonce brother. Who knows?

Who knows is right. All bets are off when it comes to Donald. He won't button his lip for fear of upsetting anyone and he won't be bullied into keeping quiet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Wow, this a complete turd of a thread and a massive DT circle jerk. Well only **** could possible support such a human wankstain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Wow, this a complete turd of a thread and a massive DT circle jerk. Well only **** could possible support such a human wankstain.

I just love this type of reaction. And many times with some type of sexual connotation or reference, which says a lot about the poster.
    Waiting for leftie/liberal heads to explode in 3,2,1 .......

triggered-feminist.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Kivaro wrote: »
    I just love this type of reaction. And many times with some type of sexual connotation or reference, which says a lot about the poster.
    It's hilarious isnt it? I hope he gets a well deserved card for that post.

8f28897fd72733e2be768f83fca9d205.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Your condescension is highly amusing.

Anyway your issue is with Trump himself and not the media reporting his OWN words.

There's this lovely place called the politics forum. Go back there and try to get everyone banned with your feigned stupidity. I'm not falling for it here.

You see. This is no way to interact with people...
    They don't allow your carry on the politics forum and rightly so.

Do you think those headlines are the same? You talk of them both relaying what Trump said, so I want to have a yes or no answer.

I've tried this before, Winnie. You're going to sit here and tell us that both are quoting the Donald, and then you'll complain when people get sick of your pretense that both are the exact same and there is no media bias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I am delighted that President Trump is visiting Ireland.
    It is worth it alone just to see the liberal/Mary Lou/feminist heads exploding with rage at his arrival.

Comedic Gold it will be.

triggered-feminist.jpg

triggered-feminist.jpg

I think the fact that the opinions expressed are based on perceived reactions of other people and the repeated use of that image says a lot about you as a poster...

(Seriously - why don;t you just make it smaller and put it in your sig?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Pfft, lazy meme sh*posting, OK, here goes.

2577065_0.jpg

Also, Trump administration is up to 8 people indicted:

https://medium.com/@KeithDB/a-running-tab-of-mueller-investigation-convictions-indictments-f518b9a72827

If you support Trump, you support crime and corruption. Draining the swamp, you'd have to have an IQ of 50 to fall for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Pfft, lazy meme sh*posting, OK, here goes.

2577065_0.jpg

Also, Trump administration is up to 8 people indicted:

https://medium.com/@KeithDB/a-running-tab-of-mueller-investigation-convictions-indictments-f518b9a72827

If you support Trump, you support crime and corruption. Draining the swamp, you'd have to have an IQ of 50 to fall for that one.

In fairness, he is draining a swamp. He never said he wasn't going to just fill the void with another one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think the fact that the opinions expressed are based on perceived reactions of other people and the repeated use of that image says a lot about you as a poster...

(Seriously - why don;t you just make it smaller and put it in your sig?)

Imagination causes oestrogen, dontcha know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

An investigation well over a year old and still no indictment against Donald Trump for colluding with the Kremlin. One would think it was just made up to hide the embarrassment of the establishment losing to a reality tv star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I wonder what people’s reaction would be if the heading read “ US President is coming to Ireland”? We’d probably be tearing the place up looking for Irish ancestors!

If he was still a Democrat you can bet they would trying to find some Irish connection for him. Like they did Obama in St. Canice's Cathedral here in Kilkenny. He was supposedly related to a priest here, but a pamphlet from the Cathedral say his family line died out with his infant son [Protestant so they can marry]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I've tried this before, Winnie. You're going to sit here and tell us that both are quoting the Donald, and then you'll complain when people get sick of your pretense that both are the exact same and there is no media bias.

Your problem is with trump. Not with me. Not with the media. They are reporting the presidents extremist rhetoric. The presidents words are highly idiotic. It's par the course with Trump to say outlandish things. It's his own fault when he says incredibly stupid things and expects no to report it and discuss it.

Well, the reason Trump supporters will defend him to the hilt, is because Trump is a sexist, misogynistic, homophonic, racist, lying piece of shizzle.
    They are tired of political correctness (I.e. being decent to people and giving them equal rights) and certainly hate environmentalism (I.e. not destroying the planet) and certainly don't approve of anyone who isn't a white Christian.

Well, the reason Trump supporters will defend him to the hilt, is because Trump is a sexist, misogynistic, homophonic, racist, lying piece of shizzle.
    They are tired of political correctness (I.e. being decent to people and giving them equal rights) and certainly hate environmentalism (I.e. not destroying the planet) and certainly don't approve of anyone who isn't a white Christian.

I think it's more a case of trolls appreciating trolling. I mean, I have no time for identity politics, SJWs, feminazis or the like, believe me - but I can still dislike Trump as a president and find fault with is policies as a politician. My objections, though, are based on said policies and not who he pisses off or doesn't piss off. THAT's the difference.

Trump supporters (outside of the US anyway) have no idea how his policies effect people, whether or not he deals with important issues or sidesteps them and whether a lot of his clout comes from base scaremongering and veiled threats.

None of this, though, will get me protesting his visit. It's probably something the pro-Trump crowd would like think it would, but the reality is I'll be going about my life normally. Doesn't stop me from having an informed opinion though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mattser

Classy, Dr. Very classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Hopefully the weather will be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

triggered-feminist.jpg

the sexual obsession is a very interesting observation, maybe they are sexually attracted to trump in some closet way . .

Thank you poster for your intelligent well informed, reasoned and well presented factual political debate of the actual issues. It's so refreshing to see you raise the bar from the usual empty and hysterical personal abuse.

the sexual obsession is a very interesting observation, maybe they are sexually attracted to trump in some closet way . .

Yeah, that must be it. Only explanation, really.
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

While we are looking at reactions to Trump's victory let's check out the right's.

While we are looking at reactions to Trump's victory let's check out the right's.

You forgot a sexual reference to top it off

Yep everyone on the right is in the KKK, and are fascist, sexist, racist, supremacist, homophobic, xenophobic, middle aged, misogynist, religious, bigoted, white trash, with small hands and bad hairstyles.

. . . Looks like we've trawled up another one who secretly fancies the Don.

trumpkiss-650x345.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Odhinn

In fairness, he is draining a swamp. He never said he wasn't going to just fill the void with another one though.

Draining a swamp, whilst preserving the malaria and parasite ridden eco-system. Tis very ecologically minded alltogether.

Yep everyone on the right is in the KKK, and are fascist, sexist, racist, supremacist, homophobic, xenophobic, middle aged, misogynist, religious, bigoted, white trash, with small hands and bad hairstyles.

. . . Looks like we've trawled up another one who secretly fancies the Don.

trumpkiss-650x345.jpg

You seem happy enough with the left being lumped in together. Would that be a double standard I hear?

You seem happy enough with the left being lumped in together. Would that be a double standard I hear?

I posted a video of a wide variety of the anti democracy left's hysterics reaction, I didn't try to pretend they were all antifa type fascists. I wouldn't expect you to address the actual post made instead of a made up one, because that's par for course for Donald hysterics.

I posted a video of a wide variety of the anti democracy left's hysterics reaction, I didn't try to pretend they were all antifa type fascists. I wouldn't expect you to address the actual post made instead of a made up one, because that's par for course for Donald hysterics.

If that were your only post in this thread you might have a point. Keep trying to take the high ground there "Irish". You're in the swamp with Donald and until you let him go you are staying there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,210 ✭✭✭mikeecho

It's going to be a flying visit, he'll only be here for a few hours.

I doubt there'll be a public appearance.

mikeecho wrote: »
    It's going to be a flying visit, he'll only be here for a few hours.

I doubt there'll be a public appearance.

Wouldn't be much point - he doesn't like protesters; and who else would go see him...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Hundreds Of Irish people would turn up to see him. He is the President of the USA and he says he likes Ireland and wants to come. I welcome him.

I welcome anyone who calls out this immigration nonsense. What is the point of people going through the correct channels to gain residency if hundreds of others try and force their way through. Look at whats happening between Spain and the borders with Morocco, who wants hordes of black Morrocan men int their country.

What is going to happen with Brexit. The UK is not going to take in the numbers of immigrants they have taken previously. What plans are there to protect Rosslare from becoming the next Calais or how can we stop people ejected from The UK taking a flight or ferry here and staying here indefinitely in asylum centres while getting solicitors paid by the taxpayer to plead their case.

Where are all these Brazilians coming from too, how are so many working ere and living ten to a bed. Why arent they stopped in Dublin airport and put on a return flight back home. How can someone be picked up by the Gardai as an illegal immigrant and then go on to knife an innocent Japanese person to death in Dundalk. We now have to pay for this individuals detention in the Central Mental hospital probably for the next sixty fecking years. We should have put this dangerous person on a plane to Tokyo and let the Japanese deal with him.
    I am so sick of the carry on in the country and so sick of the amount of do gooders we have all feeding off the taxpayer, the migrants council of Ireland is a useless outfit and its funded by the Government, it should be closed down immediately.

If that were your only post in this thread you might have a point. Keep trying to take the high ground there "Irish". You're in the swamp with Donald and until you let him go you are staying there.

You're the one clinging to Donald. Still waiting on your next high brow contribution to the thread, another KKK video ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭.243

You're the one clinging to Donald. Still waiting on your next high brow contribution to the thread, another KKK video ?
    And I’m still waiting for that factual evidence,I suppose it’s easier and quicker to quick link a you tube clip than it is to look for the correct information

tretorn wrote: »
    Hundreds Of Irish people would turn up to see him. He is the President of the USA and he says he likes Ireland and wants to come. I welcome him.

I welcome anyone who calls out this immigration nonsense. What is the point of people going through the correct channels to gain residency if hundreds of others try and force their way through. Look at whats happening between Spain and the borders with Morocco, who wants hordes of black Morrocan men int their country.

What is going to happen with Brexit. The UK is not going to take in the numbers of immigrants they have taken previously. What plans are there to protect Rosslare from becoming the next Calais or how can we stop people ejected from The UK taking a flight or ferry here and staying here indefinitely in asylum centres while getting solicitors paid by the taxpayer to plead their case.

Where are all these Brazilians coming from too, how are so many working ere and living ten to a bed. Why arent they stopped in Dublin airport and put on a return flight back home. How can someone be picked up by the Gardai as an illegal immigrant and then go on to knife an innocent Japanese person to death in Dundalk. We now have to pay for this individuals detention in the Central Mental hospital probably for the next sixty fecking years. We should have put this dangerous person on a plane to Tokyo and let the Japanese deal with him.
    I am so sick of the carry on in the country and so sick of the amount of do gooders we have all feeding off the taxpayer, the migrants council of Ireland is a useless outfit and its funded by the Government, it should be closed down immediately.

Great question. Where do Brazilians come from?

Have you uploaded a new one?

I mean how are all these Brazilians getting in here.

I had to put money into my childrens bank accounts so they could do an Erasmus year abroad, no way were they getting in unless they had funds.

All these Brazilians are penniless so who is letting them in. They are driving up rental costs for everyone else by sleeping ten to a bed and they must be all working illegally.

We have enough bloody public servants employed so why isnt the door closed to people from Brazil. Its not like they are EU citizens that we have to take.

Have you uploaded a new one?

surely you can find more that one KKK video ? After all anyone who doesn't subscribe the attempted brainwashing media hysterics about Trump must be white trash and KKK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,210 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I'm no fan of Trump, but . He has come true on a lot of his election promises.

.. A politician who actually delivers on his election promises.. Shock Fucjing Horror.. he'll get re-elected.

I just fear that his next election promise will be ww3

Don't fall for the ridiculous media hysteria and you'll be grand.

Also unlike most other politicans what you see is what you get and Irish people like that. They like mavericks too and underdogs and DT is being harassed by the media because he wont lick their backsides.

Halligan who wants us to protest against Trump wanted us to pay for his little trip to North Korea to visit the dictator there. Total hypocrite.

Boyd Barrett and the Greens couldnt get enough votes between them to fill a paper bag. The only way Boyd Barrett will be get power is if he gets the layabouts to throw over the democratically elected Government so he can get a seat at cabinet. This is in fact what he is doing now, taking over empty houses so he can get white trash installed rent free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I mean how are all these Brazilians getting in here.

I had to put money into my childrens bank accounts so they could do an Erasmus year abroad, no way were they getting in unless they had funds.

All these Brazilians are penniless so who is letting them in. They are driving up rental costs for everyone else by sleeping ten to a bed and they must be all working illegally.

We have enough bloody public servants employed so why isnt the door closed to people from Brazil. Its not like they are EU citizens that we have to take.

It is Airbnb that is driving supply out of the market and thus driving up rents not Brazilians coming over here.

thumb_why-doesnt-media-remember-this-trump-being-given-the-ellis-7033739.png

DUgVZWwU0AAH4O_.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm no fan of Trump, but . He has come true on a lot of his election promises.

.. A politician who actually delivers on his election promises.. Shock Fucjing Horror.. he'll get re-elected.

They [the idiots in the media and who believe their bull****] was 100% certain he would have us in WW3 before his fist year was over. In fact he has done more to prevent them. He's been much more effective at preventing another than a certain Noble Peace Prize Winning Drone Strike King has ever been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They [the idiots in the media and who believe their bull****] was 100% certain he would have us in WW3 before his fist year was over. In fact he has done more to prevent them. He's been much more effective at preventing another than a certain Noble Peace Prize Winning Drone Strike King has ever been.

You think it's strategy to play the bumbling, unpredictable, self-absorbed idiot in an attempt to get the rest of the world to unite their efforts at preventing him starting WW3?

thumb_why-doesnt-media-remember-this-trump-being-given-the-ellis-7033739.png

DUgVZWwU0AAH4O_.jpg

Trump was also the first developer in Manhattan to ever put a female project engineer in full charge of multi million construction projects.

Shenshen wrote: »
    You think it's strategy to play the bumbling, unpredictable, self-absorbed idiot in an attempt to get the rest of the world to unite their efforts at preventing him starting WW3?

Shouldn't you be carding posters for calling Conservatives Racists,sexists,bigots and trolls?

It is Airbnb that is driving supply out of the market and thus driving up rents not Brazilians coming over here.

Dont be silly, Brazilian and other nationalities who dont have a right to live and work here are driving up rental costs. They will club together and sleep ten to a bed in rotating shifts and work illegally.
    Immigrants and refugees make up 12 per cent of the population now and they comprise over thirty three per cent of people awaiting public housing. They are a drain on Irish society particularly the ones that have no skills. They need to be deported as soon as they land here and not put in some asylum centres for nine years while they appeal each deportation order with free legal aid.

DT has the right idea and he is lucky the USA is too far for rubber dinghies to land. All the Irish trawlers picking up the economic migrants should be recalled and let Libya look after the detaining of these people. We can pay Libya to step up to the mark and if these people realise they wont get to Europe they will stop paying traffickers to bring them to the coast.

Shouldn't you be carding posters for calling Conservatives Racists,sexists,bigots and trolls?

Only if they bring their own wool.

• Advertisement

Dont be silly, Brazilian and other nationalities who dont have a right to live and work here are driving up rental costs. They will club together and sleep ten to a bed in rotating shifts and work illegally.
    Immigrants and refugees make up 12 per cent of the population now and they comprise over thirty three per cent of people awaiting public housing. They are a drain on Irish society particularly the ones that have no skills. They need to be deported as soon as they land here and not put in some asylum centres for nine years while they appeal each deportation order with free legal aid.

Liberals don't get economics. Otherwise they wouldn't be Liberals. You can't flood a Country with Immigrants and expect the cost of living to stay low. Look at how rent prices in Dublin have skyrocketed in the last couple of years and how prices for goods have gone up as well.
    DT has the right idea and he is lucky the USA is too far for rubber dinghies to land. All the Irish trawlers picking up the economic migrants should be recalled and let Libya look after the detaining of these people. We can pay Libya to step up to the mark and if these people realise they wont get to Europe they will stop paying traffickers to bring them to the coast.

Cubans have been doing that to flee Castro and his regime for years.

Only if they bring their own wool.

Figures you're not impartial. good to know.

Figures you're not impartial. good to know.

I can't even pretend to understand what it is you're talking about.

I can't even pretend to understand what it is you're talking about.

Sure.

Liberals don't get economics. Otherwise they wouldn't be Liberals. You can't flood a Country with Immigrants and expect the cost of living to stay low. Look at how rent prices in Dublin have skyrocketed in the last couple of years and how prices for goods have gone up as well.

Really? And it's got nothing to do with supply of affordable rentals being reduced by the aforementioned airbnb, while and the only increase in demand comes from immigration?

And the cost of living has nothing to do with more disposable income across the entire demogrpahic spectrum? Not to mention reasonably stable rates of inflation?
    https://www.inflation.eu/inflation-rates/ireland/historic-inflation/cpi-inflation-ireland.aspx

Looks like liberals aren't the only ones who don't get economics...

• Advertisement
Advertisement