Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best route d16 to d2

Options
  • 31-08-2018 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to have to cycle from marley park to Harcourt st on a regular basis.
    What's the best route? Is it hilly on the way out of the city?
    Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I'd go via Rathfarnham, Terenure, Rathmines and on into Harcourt St. It'll be very slightly downhill into town and the opposite on the way home, but nothing too challenging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Miklos wrote: »
    I'd go via Rathfarnham, Terenure, Rathmines and on into Harcourt St. It'll be very slightly downhill into town and the opposite on the way home, but nothing too challenging.

Roughly how long does it take you?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Can’t say I’ve ever done the route myself, but I’d say give yourself about half an hour to 45 mins depending on weather and traffic etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

Should take about 15-30 minutes maximum, depending on where in Rathfarnham you're coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks guys:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 rjr2

Cycle through Marley grange housing estate/stonemasons way, out onto Barton road, turn left off Barton road to get onto Laurel road, then left down to sweetmount Avenue, at the Dundrum library go out on the Dundrum bypass, follow Dundrum road all the way to milltown road taking a right here, continue on milltown road, left at end onto Sandford road then it’s straight all the way through ranelagh village to harcourt street. I don’t like the Rathfarnham/Tenerure route myself would not find it as safe

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rjr2

Less than 30 mins in when you get up and running, bit hilly on the way home but nothing major, will take a bit longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

I'd usually go Taylor's Lane to Yellow House to Harold's Cross (no right turn at Terenure cross) through Harold's Cross and right turn at Leonard's Corner (you need a good sprint from the bridge to own the right turn lane but its a nice challenge). If you're finicky about air pollution, hang a left at Meath Street and right at Gratham Street with another right at Montague Street to avoid the standstill traffic further on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Cycling into town you could try a longer route which takes the same time due to avoiding the many lights in the Terenure area.
    Marley, Ballyroan road, straight across Templeogue Bridge, straight on to the KCR, straight on to Harald's Cross and then down the canal cycling path.
    Coming home though Terenure the many lights don't bother me as much :)

Advertisement