Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - September 2018.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just a regular breezy afternoon now in Dublin 16. The high winds/strong gusts have passed. Lots of debris all over the place. Overcast now. 14.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Mostly cloudy, dry so far.

8.1C

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mostly clear and calm in Dublin 16. 8.8c atm.

Fully overcast now in Dublin 16. 11.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Overcast in Limerick. Calm with light rain. 9.6c. Feels distinctly chilly.

• Advertisement

A hint of rain (a few light drops) now in Dublin 16. Calm. Feeling cold. 11.8c atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Overcast with steady moderate rain here in Tralee and feeling cool. Has the look of raining for a number of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

So calm and peaceful inniu. Meath.
    Very overcast. Not looking forward to the school run looking at raintoday.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's raining here in Glasnevin. There's been 0.8mm recorded so far. It's currently only 10.4C.

Moderate rain in Dublin 16. 1.8mm so far. Calm. 9.9c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

any chance of this rain (Dublin) clearing up before the evening? Met.ie have it raining pretty much til 4AM , but the radar makes it look like it will pass in an hour or 2 ? or is there another band behind the band?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    any chance of this rain (Dublin) clearing up before the evening? Met.ie have it raining pretty much til 4AM , but the radar makes it look like it will pass in an hour or 2 ? or is there another band behind the band?

I think rain over Irish Sea will swing back over Dublin/get wrapped up in a little area of low pressure developing over Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

12mm of rain recorded here in Tramore so far, absolutely bucketing down all morning. Temp is only 8.8c but feels slightly warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    It's raining here in Glasnevin. There's been 0.8mm recorded so far. It's currently only 10.4C.

2.4mm now and the temperature's dropped to 9.8C.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I think rain over Irish Sea will swing back over Dublin/get wrapped up in a little area of low pressure developing over Wales.

cheers I was wondering, normally its one way traffic. I cycled into work so just hoping a gap opens up

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Moderate rain in Waterford City. 15mm recorded since midnight. Temp a Winter like value of 10.7c

www.waterfordweather.com
    www.waterford-weather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mrsnrub2.0

First consistent day of rain I can remember in about 3 months in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

From over 21c to 10.4c in two days!
    2.5mm with a lot more to come by the look of it, I am certain that this will be the first proper wet day in the Dublin area since April, whatever fell since then was showery and anything heavy was of short duration.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Raining constantly here.
    Thankfully the temps are down to 9C so not as muggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Quiet at last. 4 trees down in my garden, loads of stuff flew away (most retrieved today though), no internet for ~36 hours, 34 mm of rain just yesterday, no idea what wind speed was, obviously my station still has no wind gauge working.

Current data for Mayo/Roscommon boundary (inaccurate)
    20 Sep 2018 14:27:17

Temperature (°C):
    Current 12,7
    Trend (per hour) +0,6
    Average today 8,1
    Wind chill 12,7
    Heat Index 12,7
    Dew Point 8,0
    Rel Humidity 73%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 0,0 ---
    Average Speed 0,0 ---

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0,0
    Last hour 0,0
    Total today 0,0
    Total yesterday 34,3
    Total this month 126,0
    Total this year 1505,7

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 979,5
    Trend (per hour) -0,9

www.joujoujou.com/weather

• Advertisement

4.0mm so far in Dublin 16. Shockin' cold! 9.2c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Did I just read the words thankfully and 9 degrees in the one sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I am certain that this will be the first proper wet day in the Dublin area since April,
    Wrong. When I posted this earlier the radar was looking like more than 25mm but the rain has stopped and only 5mm has fallen, there will probably be a few more mms later but there were wetter days than this during the summer.
    10.0c, but I refuse to light a fire before the equinox no matter how chilly it is!

Pi**ling down in Dublin 16. 8.6mm so far today. 9.1c atm.

13.4mm so far today in Dublin 16. 8.4c atm. High of 11.8c today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wettest day recorded here since March 14, currently 16.8 mm recorded and bucketing down outside still.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

17.0mm so far today in Dublin 16. 7.0c atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Raining since 8.30am. Total 35.6mm since then. Temp Max was 11.7c and that was recorded just after midnight. Currently its just 7.9c

www.waterfordweather.com
    www.waterford-weather.com

how often will this type of day be needed to start seeing water supplies build up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Radar showing some snow, also in the uk around yorkshire dales.
    TkTO2Gr.png

Advertisement