Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Movies nobody dislikes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Unchopped wrote: »
    The pursuit of happiness.
    Strongly disagree with this. Ridiculous film which sends out out all sorts of wrong messages. Should be called the pursuit of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

THE GREEN MILE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Mrs Doubtfire

Mrs Doubtfire! Good shout

HEEELLLOOOO!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

THE GREEN MILE

I HATE that movie

I'm afraid of the dark... urgh only the nasty guy was actually guilty, bitch, please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unchopped

jiltloop wrote: »
    Strongly disagree with this. Ridiculous film which sends out out all sorts of wrong messages. Should be called the pursuit of money.

In what way. I guy trying his best, taking every knockback but gets up and carries on.

Thats a terrible message to be sending out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Already mentioned, Field of Dreams

And The Sound of Music, although it may be offensive to nazis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Kolido wrote: »
    Hi, nice to meet you.

Way over rated. I might watch it again and se if Im missing something.

Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It's so good that people forget it's a musical and still watch it

Bit like Blues brother, an absolute classic as well

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

Fight Club
    American History X
    Gladiator
    havnt been mentioned yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

I don't think I've ever posted in AH before,
    Anyway - I didn't like Shawshank. just saying.

What about

Some like it hot

And Pulp Fiction ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Fight Club
    American History X
    Gladiator
    havnt been mentioned yet.

Good shout. American History X might be a bit violent though but Gladiator is epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

dirty dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Stand By Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'll start by saying 'Back to the Future' and 'Silence of the Lambs'.

I have watched Silence of the Lambs about 20 times (possibly more) over the years.

I have never watched Back to the Future and never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pidgeoneyes

Jaws is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Good shout. American History X might be a bit violent though but Gladiator is epic.

American history X had like 2 deaths in the whole film maybe 3....and that's too violent over gladiatorial games....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Arghus wrote: »
    Hello. It's nice to meet you too.

You must like Toy Story because, as I have said, it's a movie that's impossible to dislike.
    Infernum wrote: »
    I've never met a person who didn't like Toy Story.
    Because they don't exist.

Hate it .............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

For anyone who love Schindler's List; I just read that it is being released in UHD Blu-ray soon from Universal Studios.

It will also be shown in 4K at cinemas in selected international countries from 2019.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/schindlers-list-coming-in-4k-to-theaters-home-market-from-universal/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

American history X had like 2 deaths in the whole film maybe 3....and that's too violent over gladiatorial games....

Yeah but nobody gets their teeth acquainted with curbs in Gladiator.
    MadDog76 wrote: »
    Hate it .............

Well that's a first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

There's no male prison rape scene in Gladiator though, which is worth about 2000 on screen normal violent deaths.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

In what way. I guy trying his best, taking every knockback but gets up and carries on.

I’m guessing the gripe with it is how the guy has to degrade himself so much, repeatedly to achieve his dream.

I don’t really see it like that though. I see it as if you’re persistent enough you will be successful. For the majority of people maintaining self respect is more important than trying hard/kissing arse to achieve something. Most of us can’t have both.

I’m guessing the gripe with it is how the guy has to degrade himself so much, repeatedly to achieve his dream.

I don’t really see it like that though. I see it as if you’re persistent enough you will be successful. For the majority of people maintaining self respect is more important than trying hard/kissing arse to achieve something. Most of us can’t have both.
    I would be fine with the film if it didn't involve a kid as well and sleeping rough, in shelters etc. First priority if you have a kid and are facing homelessness is to get a job, any job! As long as you get a roof over your heads and food on the table. Then plan your studies and perfect job from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

Me.

The only musical I ever liked was the 60s version of 'Oliver' with Oliver Reed as Bill Sykes.

#metoo. I can't abide musicals, but I can more than tolerate Oliver. Super tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Goodfellas
    Predator
    Scary movie
    Rocky

If you don’t like any of these are you even human ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

In Bruges

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Die hard even honest trailers won't make fun of it
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4kXMaToMQTE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Gonad wrote: »
    Goodfellas
    Predator
    Scary movie
    Rocky

If you don’t like any of these are you even human ?

Scary Movie is cack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Schindler’s List - I’ve yet to meet anyone who dislikes it.

I rented it out on video and my two sisters talked through the whole thing. Mind you they have no taste in movies, the amount of times I was subjected to Sister Act and it's flecking sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Minority report
    Any Pixar movie(other then the car/plants ones)
    Pretty women
    I want to say back to the future but there's people who just think sci fi and won't even give it a chance because of that
    It's a wonderful life
    Goodfellas

Just thought of another appropriate film this morning. Little Miss Sunshine, lovely little film that I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

mike_ie wrote: »

That threads a crock!!
    Fancy someone saying Goodfellas FFS
    They are gonna get a visit from Tommy and Henry ;)

I rented it out on video and my two sisters talked through the whole thing. Mind you they have no taste in movies, the amount of times I was subjected to Sister Act and it's flecking sequel.

I would've lost it after 5 mins of them talking :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Yeah, one headerball on the other thread mentioned E.T - must be on drugs. It's a stone cold classic.

Jaws is another one which is impossible to dislike.

That was me. I did say I liked the ET score which is one of the best ever with the ending scenes even cut by Spielberg to match the music it being that good. I just think ET is completely over rated, much prefer Close Encounters. It got the whole down to earth family + other wordly aliens dynamic down much better imo.

Jaws, however, is my favorite movie. It is perfect and endlessly re-watchable. How it was made is a worthy story in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭con___manx1

The good the bad and the ugly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

The first three Bourne films - no matter how many times I've seen them (and it's a lot!) every time they come on ITV3 or 4 whatever channel it is I can't turn them off.
    Mean Girls
    Big
    Hook
    Most pixar films
    Shrek

Airplane!

It is the quintessential spoof comedy impossible to not like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

valoren wrote: »
    That was me. I did say I liked the ET score which is one of the best ever with the ending scenes even cut by Spielberg to match the music it being that good. I just think ET is completely over rated, much prefer Close Encounters. It got the whole down to earth family + other wordly aliens dynamic down much better imo.

Jaws, however, is my favorite movie. It is perfect and endlessly re-watchable. How it was made is a worthy story in itself.

The ET score is magical and anybody who says otherwise needs to have their ears syringed. I went on the ET ride in univeral studios in Florida some 20 odd years ago. Flying through the air on a BMX bike while the theme plays was just magical. Still my favourite theme park ride of all time and it is the music that really makes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

valoren wrote: »
    Airplane!

It is the quintessential spoof comedy impossible to not like.

I actually had intended including that in my post too, you absolutely can't not smile while watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I have the answer! Ferris Beuller's Day Off. Anyone who dislikes this needs their head examined.

I hate that film and mentioned it in yhe other thread

I also hate The Brekfast Club and for Back to the Future.... Meh, it's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

The original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

If you don't like it, you're a cunt. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules.

Roald Dahl wasn't too keen on it by all accounts.

Yeah but he was a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Dumbo

The Three Amigos
    PMSL at the "Singing Bush" scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Predator,
      If you don't like it go f*ck yourself

Predator,

"Youuuuuu son of a bitch!"

Predator,
    Hardly universally appealing though is it? I like it but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the other gender type wouldn't be too enthused about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Predator,
    Hardly universally appealing though is it? I like it but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the other gender type wouldn't be too enthused about it.
    Greatest movie ever made ,
    Every gender likes it, and if they don't F*ck em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Predator is one of my absolute favorite films - it's just a great straightforward action/monster film, plus watching a bunch of bodybuilders trying to be all stealthy in a jungle when they could barely get through a barn door without turning sideways is hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Point Break.

Get me two Utah!

B0jangles wrote: »
    Predator is one of my absolute favorite films - it's just a great straightforward action/monster film, plus watching a bunch of bodybuilders trying to be all stealthy in a jungle when they could barely get through a barn door without turning sideways is hilarious.

That's a fair point, it is the quintessential 80s action movie and they certainly don't make action films like they used to in the 80s. I still think that it's not universally appealing, I would have a hard time convincing my girlfriend to sit through it for instance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement