Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea what this is?!

Options
  • 01-09-2018 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hope you can help. This was in my grandmother's house, passed to mum and now to me. My mother has no idea what it is!

Trying to find out and just can't figure it out. There's two of them, quite light and about 25CM x 15cm x 2CM. Would love to figure out what they are for purely sentimental reasons

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

rosenallis wrote: »
    Hope you can help. This was in my grandmother's house, passed to mum and now to me. My mother has no idea what it is!

Trying to find out and just can't figure it out. There's two of them, quite light and about 25CM x 15cm x 2CM. Would love to figure out what they are for purely sentimental reasons

Many thanks!

try posting over on reddit/r/whatisthisthing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Looks like part of an old knitting machine or something like it. Possibly they are used in some kind of pulley system? This is just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosenallis

Thanks for the ideas, still not a clue but the search will go on!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,104 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

My partner who is a textile person thinks it may have something to do with weaving or wool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

My partner who is a textile person thinks it may have something to do with weaving or wool.

...so perhaps, OP, you could try posting it in the arts and crafts forum and see if anyone there recognises it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosenallis

Thanks all, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I’m going to guess it’s a narrow midgets high back chair.could be worth money.tell people it was belonging to the high king of the narrow midgets.

Advertisement