Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curry Cheese Chips

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

:pac:

Mods, please ban this person for crimes against humanity :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

This thread inspired me to get a curry cheese chip this evening.
    It had been awhile and it was devine. I bet half the feckers bad mouthing curry cheese chips are the type that put pineapple on pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wouldn't be a big fan of curry cheese but after a few pints it definitely has....an allure.

My friend's a big fan of the garlic cheese in Supermacs but they always seem to be so tight with the amount of cheese, it's like the faintest dusting....

I worked in Supermac's when I was a teenager and there was a fair demand for coleslaw curry alright. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Blue thunder chippy in claremorris
    Best bit a curry cheese chips

It had been awhile and it was devine. I bet half the feckers bad mouthing curry cheese chips are the type that put pineapple on pizza.

Kiss my ass :mad:

Creative83 wrote: »
    No thank you, I've already eaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Creative83 wrote: »

Cheese I didn't know you had such a chip on your shoulder about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Ian OB

In the good old days (when I had more money than sense*). A margarita pizza garnished with chips & curry sauce was the perfect end to a night out.

*€5 per week might be enough to bring those days back.ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

The Diner in Athlone across from the IT! Practicaly lived off the stuff when I was there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

This is the problem with lost places, in fact everywhere Ive had cheese chips. They just throw the chips in the tray then bung the cheese on top. So you end up with 6 cheese chips and a tray of normal chips. Needs to be more of these types that take their time to layer it up.

Any time I order cheese chips I also order a portion of cheese.

Then tip the box upside down, add the cheese portion and tip it back up. Then give it a good shake and you're all good.

I've never heard of curry cheese chip before thankfully. It's actually worse than the hellish mess that is chips cheese and gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I blame the pints of Lager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Sounds like something you'd only contemplate while langers

Thats the point
    Saved myself from this type when I gave up the Beamish etc

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Sounds like something you'd only contemplate while langers

Thats the point
    Saved myself from this type when I gave up the Beamish etc

Wrong, point is some ppl will eat anything anytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Mostly a culchie thing I'd wager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Mostly a culchie thing I'd wager.

Charming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

More of a garlic cheese chips my myself. With a side of onion rings to help mop it all up and ensure that no one who isn't eating that combination wants to be anywhere close to you.

Totally worth it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Curry and cheese chips from a good quality Italian chipper is amazing, especially with a quarter pounder. Pure junk food heaven.

I love garlic and cheese chips also but I find it very filling with all that cheese and garlic mayo on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Witchie wrote: »
    I love cheese. I love curry. But I can't bring myself to eat them together. A garlic cheese chip and am anyone's though.
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Any time I order cheese chips I also order a portion of cheese.

Then tip the box upside down, add the cheese portion and tip it back up. Then give it a good shake and you're all good.

I've never heard of curry cheese chip before thankfully. It's actually worse than the hellish mess that is chips cheese and gravy.

One of the things that tilts my mind is people like ye who say it as the singular. For God's sake, will ya throw an s onto the end of it ye're not getting one chip. "Can I have a curry chip please?", you bloody deserve only one chip with that sort of carry on. Chipssssssssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

One of the things that tilts my mind is people like ye who say it as the singular. For God's sake, will ya throw an s onto the end of it ye're not getting one chip. "Can I have a curry chip please?", you bloody deserve only one chip with that sort of carry on. Chipssssssssssss

I hope the next time you ask for curry CHIPS, they give you 2 chips.

• Advertisement

There are a lot of disgusting human beings on here :( Down with curry cheese chips :mad:

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Curry cheese chips are WAY better than garlic cheese chips.

But if you are talking about the best takeaway, then the donor kebab from Charcoal Grill in Galway is the actual food of gods. When there's a longer queue for the takeaway than the manufactured ones for the clubs earlier on in the night, you know it's going to be a good feed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Love them!

Neyite wrote: »
    Curry cheese chips are WAY better than garlic cheese chips.

You disgust me :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

wally79 wrote: »
    Wow 4 lanterns still exist

There used to be one in Dundalk. Long gone I think

That place was heavenly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lads, you're all missing out on the god tier drunk food.

Curry garlic cheese chips.

Thank me later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Looks like hot fetid liquid ****e freshly hosed out of pigs anus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Curry cheese chips with peas mixed in is class. Has it for the first time about twenty years ago when some skit show on the telly did an 'ad' for Cheesy Peas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I had some once years ago and if my memory serves me right (I was gargled at the time) they were amazing, i'll give 'em another go and see if that option still stands.

Ah now, have a cup of teas and calm down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

The Diner in Athlone across from the IT! Practicaly lived off the stuff when I was there!!

I was just about to post that the first reports I heard of them came from the Diner in the mid 90's

Advertisement