Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fire Brick for Solid Fuel Stove Surround

• 01-09-2018 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We're looking at fire brick options for the interior of the fireplace cavity.
    Similar to the picture below but the cavity will be 230cm high.
    The fire bricks we've found are all biscuit coloured and it does not suit the look of the room.
    Is it possible to paint or stain the fire bricks or source different coloured fire bricks? We'd preferably be looking for a white or even dark grey.

Thanks

flavel_dalton_stove15122017085101.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Not seen any for sale down here but the UK and NI have white firebricks.

Try this https://www.scarva.com/en/ie/Scarva-Kilns-High-Tempature-Insulating-Bricks---B26-230mm-x-114mm-x-76mm/m-841.aspx you'd really need to see a sample to know for sure if the colour was OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You don't actually need firebricks in the situation in your picture. You can use any brick you like they are all going to be fireproof in this context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

my3cents wrote: »
    You don't actually need firebricks in the situation in your picture. You can use any brick you like they are all going to be fireproof in this context.

Ah I didn't realise that.
    My preferred option would be a tile or brick veneer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Outhaus in santry have brick slips.
    I used tile adhesive onto paving slabs behind a gas stove. Grout with mortor.
    Looks great
    They even cut your own bricks too.

Advertisement