Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste disposal holiday homes Mayo

• 01-09-2018 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. I've recently bought a holiday home in belmullet. I only intend going back maybe twice a year. I'm aware that there's a civic amenity centre in Balina and Castlebar, but too far away, and not much use when I depart on Sundays. It would be very expensive for me to pay for a wheelie bin for the year when I'm rarely there. Are there any practical options? I did notice an awful lot of household disposal in the public bins around town which looks terrible, but possibly a consequence of the lack of alternatives??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Tollyh wrote: »
    Hi. I've recently bought a holiday home in belmullet. I only intend going back maybe twice a year. I'm aware that there's a civic amenity centre in Balina and Castlebar, but too far away, and not much use when I depart on Sundays. It would be very expensive for me to pay for a wheelie bin for the year when I'm rarely there. Are there any practical options? I did notice an awful lot of household disposal in the public bins around town which looks terrible, but possibly a consequence of the lack of alternatives??

Bourke waste used to do a holiday home bin. You pay for the bin and then pay per lift.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

irishgeo wrote: »
    Bourke waste used to do a holiday home bin. You pay for the bin and then pay per lift.

Still have it, but you have to buy a label for them to collect it. Each label is 15 euro

Advertisement