Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business idea, concerned by Irish laws

Options
  • 01-09-2018 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm a college student who just returned from a year long Erasmus trip in Germany. I won't go too deep into it but basically I returned home with the ambition to begin my own "pop up bar". The idea is for me to load up a heavy speaker set in a van, alongside other equipment, and have these events set up in random areas that are advertised to the crowds via social media.

I understand Germany is way more lax about its partying. The clubs don't have a closing time like they do in Ireland (2:45am?) and people are allowed to drink in public. Of course the culture there is different and I can imagine why in Ireland you wouldn't allow people to drink in public etc.

I was concerned about a few things in hopes that someone of you may have the answers for:
    - Do I need some sort of License to set up in a public space and have loud speakers playing music?
    - If I were to serve drink at this event, assuming I have an alcohol license, can I say that the grounds the pop up bar is in is the premises of my business and thus people are not drinking "in public"? (If I set up basic barriers around the event area?)

Perhaps my questions may seem stupid to some but I will admit I'm ignorant of how these things work. I've been reading the citizens information website but of course the website doesn't dwell into details I would be interested in.

Thank you for your time.

Advertisement