Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum 70 zone change

Options
  • 01-09-2018 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Looking for a bit of help to possibly change a few zones on my setup.

I had a new door installed yesterday and it is far larger than my previous door. I had to remove the entry sensor on the door and when i went to replace it on the new door there is no room to accommodate the inertia sensor on the frame of the door. I do however have a PIR sensor just inside the door.

My plan is to remove the door sensor completely from use and then have the PIR be the entry sensor to activate the entry timer to input the access code.

I have access to the engineers manual and id be fairly good at picking this sort of thing up but Im just looking for a bit of guidance as where to start.

I do have an installer if all else fails but as im sure you are aware its not cheap to have them call out.

Advertisement