Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election posters

Options
  • 01-09-2018 2:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

I see hildegarde naughton has her posters up around west side. There hideous any time of the year and worse again when there’s no election called or will be until after presidentally. Any know if has she actually done much since she got elected or just been living off her dynasty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I see hildegarde naughton has her posters up around west side. There hideous any time of the year and worse again when there’s no election called or will be until after presidentally. Any know if has she actually done much since she got elected or just been living off her dynasty

Posters for what?

Is she advertising a meeting or what are the posters advertising?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Posters for what?

The one in the grass outside The Huntsman just says welcome to Galway from her and party iirc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Posters for what?

Advertising herself is all, there are a real eye sore. Do large permant posters like this need planning permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So, they are not election posters at all? Just ads for FG?

I suppose anyone can rent space and throw up advertisement for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,120 ✭✭✭✭zell12

biko wrote: »
    So, they are not election posters at all? Just ads for FG?
    I suppose anyone can rent space and throw up advertisement for anything.
    Well no, they cannot. It is officially litter and the Council should remove them and fine advertiser the €150 per poster.
    I guess there is some sort of FG shindig due in Galway?

6WmGIRC.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

It's says exactly what it's for. The party conference is on.

I saw a big one at Westside.
    Election posters are allowed at election times.
    Public information posters are allowed to tell people of public meetings and the like.

These are neither and are probably not legal.

Where is this conference anyway?
    It seems very low key, I'm sure it would attract protesters like the FF think-in years ago at the Ardilaun

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If it's for a conference, "shrug" it'll be over within a week. Not worth trying to make her political life any harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

zell12 wrote: »
    Where is this conference anyway?
    It seems very low key, I'm sure it would attract protesters like the FF think-in years ago at the Ardilaun

I remember reading a post from pearse flannery congratulating himself on getting them to have the event in one of the sea front hotels in salthill. The details may well be still on his fb page.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

It is in the Galway Bay Hotel and there is an acting workshop in the university.

It the parliamentary party only so 74 TDs, Senators and MEPs.

And I stuck them up anywhere I wanted too
    9933-Fine-Gael-Think-In_90553301.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

zell12 wrote: »
    And I stuck them up anywhere I wanted too
    9933-Fine-Gael-Think-In_90553301.jpg

giphy.gif

Advertisement