Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Americans - where can I watch it online (legally)

• 01-09-2018 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is any online service available in Ireland which had t The Americans in its lineup?

I know it's not on Netflix. I caught series one and two a few years ago and liked it, wanted to follow up on that if I could.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

It's a show I want to watch but could never find either.

Actually is there any way of checking any show and a country to see what services carry it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

It's on Prime Video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭VG31

Seasons 1 to 4 are on Prime Video. I imagine 5 and 6 will be added eventually. The DVD box set will be released in October
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Americans-Complete-Seasons-1-6-DVD/dp/B07FYBZMN5/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Cheers. I haven't had Prime that long so haven't looked for it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thank you. Good to know. I don't have a prime subscription but still good to know it's an option.

Not a fan of DVD anymore. Hugely expensive to buy and then when you try to sell them on, people only want to pay a fiver for a boxer that cost over 60 :) Might buy one for a fiver myself on Adverts, a few months after the DVD comes out :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It was listed in my local council's library catalogue - s1-s3.

Do a search https://librariesireland.iii.com/iii/encore/homepage?lang=eng

Found one that said a set was due back in 2016, so guess it was never returned. The link above is a bit strange as I was only intending to search Fingal and ending up getting results for Meath and Limerick.

Only thing about Prime which was the Irish set up was a bit crap in comparison to UK catalogue, at least starting out. Folks above might know more about that. The DVDs aren't too pricey on amazon, well, s1 and s2. No Blu Ray beyond the first season. Not surprising as it's a show that only had a small audience. Take your point about physical media, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

It was listed in my local council's library catalogue - s1-s3.

The link above is a bit strange as I was only intending to search Fingal and ending up getting results for Meath and Limerick.
    You can request an item from any library in Ireland and it will be sent to your local library for collection.

Advertisement