Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a replacement broadband sim.

Options
  • 01-09-2018 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

I have a meteor data sim and this service was taken over by EIR.  I get a monthly bill and I went into my local eir shop to get a replacement data sim.

The sim was in an iPad which was lost.

When I went into the shop she asked me for the broadband phone number related to the data sim.  As teh iPad is lost I have no way of finding it.

She could not issue me a replacement sim without the phone no, even though I had the bill and an account number.

She asked my for my mobile number which is with a different service privider, which is lucky as I would say that she was about to change the sim on that phone no.

I asked couid I close the account and set up a new one, but I needed the phone number for that.

If the phone number is so important, why dont you print it on the bill so that I can get changes made to the account, apparently the account number is meaningless.

Or was I just unlucky I had come accross a shop assistant who was not fully trained on the system.

What are the options to get a replacement sim.  Can I get one posted to the address on the account if I furnish the account number and how can I do this.

Confused.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

dingding wrote: »
    I have a meteor data sim and this service was taken over by EIR.  I get a monthly bill and I went into my local eir shop to get a replacement data sim.

The sim was in an iPad which was lost.

When I went into the shop she asked me for the broadband phone number related to the data sim.  As teh iPad is lost I have no way of finding it.

She could not issue me a replacement sim without the phone no, even though I had the bill and an account number.

She asked my for my mobile number which is with a different service privider, which is lucky as I would say that she was about to change the sim on that phone no.

I asked couid I close the account and set up a new one, but I needed the phone number for that.

If the phone number is so important, why dont you print it on the bill so that I can get changes made to the account, apparently the account number is meaningless.

Or was I just unlucky I had come accross a shop assistant who was not fully trained on the system.

What are the options to get a replacement sim.  Can I get one posted to the address on the account if I furnish the account number and how can I do this.

Confused.
    Hi dingding, 

I'm afraid for data protection purposes we would need the mobile number attached with the  SIM. If you have registered for my eir you will be able to get this from your online account. 

If you have not registered for this service you can do this and get your information from there. You can register here

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I need my phone number to register, also I tried to ring and I need my phone number and pin to connect to an operator.

A mobile broadband device would not use a number in the same way as a phone and you would not be using it.

Do I write in with the account number and say I want to cancel my account and then set up an account with another provider.

It seems ridiculous that I have the account number, the address etc.... Can I get a sim sent to the address associated with the account number.

It is like you have a rubbish workflow that depends on having a mobile number for a broadband device and without that you can't do anything, even get the broadband number that is required for all the services.

Do I just stop paying the bill, then I will probably be followed by a debt collector for an unpaid bull for a broadband service I cant cancel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

dingding wrote: »
    I need my phone number to register, also I tried to ring and I need my phone number and pin to connect to an operator.

A mobile broadband device would not use a number in the same way as a phone and you would not be using it.

Do I write in with the account number and say I want to cancel my account and then set up an account with another provider.

It seems ridiculous that I have the account number, the address etc.... Can I get a sim sent to the address associated with the account number.

It is like you have a rubbish workflow that depends on having a mobile number for a broadband device and without that you can't do anything, even get the broadband number that is required for all the services.

Do I just stop paying the bill, then I will probably be followed by a debt collector for an unpaid bull for a broadband service I cant cancel.
    Ok no problem. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Got sorted on the on-line chat.  Just need to go into the store tomorrow to try to get the SIM.

Cheers

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Good to hear. :)

Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement