Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Hot Water in Bathroom

• 01-09-2018 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Had a plumber install shower, toilet and sink unit in bathroom. Pipes were brought from hot water tank under kitchen sink (one floor ). All bathroom installed before tank went in. Water tank installed, plumbed to kitchen sink and wired in. No Hot Water to bathroom sink though. Anyone know if I'm missing something? There are pipes plumbed into sink with red tape (hot water)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is hot water tank hot? Is there hot water at kitchen sink?

What kind of heating system do you have, is it gas, oil, solid fuel or electric?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

Is hot water tank hot? Is there hot water at kitchen sink?

What kind of heating system do you have, is it gas, oil, solid fuel or electric?

It's a 10l under sink electric water heater. Yes kitchen water is piping hot. It's left on continuously.

Electric rads in three rooms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

MFlack2012 wrote:
    Had a plumber install shower, toilet and sink unit in bathroom. Pipes were brought from hot water tank under kitchen sink (one floor ). All bathroom installed before tank went in. Water tank installed, plumbed to kitchen sink and wired in. No Hot Water to bathroom sink though. Anyone know if I'm missing something? There are pipes plumbed into sink with red tape (hot water)

What did your plumber say about it?

He should be able to explain.

I am assuming that you don't have a hot water cylinder. If you only have a under sink heater in the kitchen the hot water will take time to reach the bathroom. If it doesn't reach the bathroom at all then it would seem that the hot in the bathroom is actually connected to the cold supply

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    What did your plumber say about it?

He should be able to explain.

I am assuming that you don't have a hot water cylinder. If you only have a under sink heater in the kitchen the hot water will take time to reach the bathroom. If it doesn't reach the bathroom at all then it would seem that the hot in the bathroom is actually connected to the cold supply

Plumber refuses to come back. He got paid when he put the shower etc in but was supposed to come back to finish silicone, water tank etc, now refuses to come back.

No I don't, just the tank. Had it on for a few minutes a few days ago and didn't come through. It could be that he connected to the cold until water tank went in? Tank went in a week later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If water heater has hot water and you only have cold water at the hot tap in bathroom then that tap definitely isn't connected to the water heater.

If the original plumber won't come back All I can suggest is to try get another plumber to finish the job properly.

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    If water heater has hot water and you only have cold water at the hot tap in bathroom then that tap definitely isn't connected to the water heater.

If the original plumber won't come back All I can suggest is to try get another plumber to finish the job properly.

Thanks.

All pipe work was completed in kitchen and connected prior to bathroom fitting. It should definitely be connected. So bathroom is connected to water mains. We then had to get second plumber to connect water heater and install kitchen appliances etc. So I assume this is when the bathroom connection to heater should have been made? Even if all on one pipe?

Will have to look into it in a few months, money has run out at this stage.

Advertisement