If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for denon 3310

Options
  • 01-09-2018 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭

Hi folks  
    Currently have a denon 3310 and it's working perfect but thinking of buying something a bit newer  It will be a closer to Xmas purchase but want to get a shortlist of potential options. Speakers are monitor audio r one HD sound bar, r45 surrounds and bk xls down firing sub. LG E55 oled and oppo uhd player. Sky q etc. I'd be after something with a slightly smaller footprint than the 3310. 4k compatible and sounds as good as the denon. People have told be over the years that marantz are a better match for ma speakers. It's unlikely I'll rewire for 7.1 etc as happy enough with 5.1.

I'd be happy enough with something open box. No idea on budget but thinking max maybe 800 euro  

Cheers 
    Mick

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks  
    Currently have a denon 3310 and it's working perfect but thinking of buying something a bit newer  It will be a closer to Xmas purchase but want to get a shortlist of potential options. Speakers are monitor audio r one HD sound bar, r45 surrounds and bk xls down firing sub. LG E55 oled and oppo uhd player. Sky q etc. I'd be after something with a slightly smaller footprint than the 3310. 4k compatible and sounds as good as the denon. People have told be over the years that marantz are a better match for ma speakers. It's unlikely I'll rewire for 7.1 etc as happy enough with 5.1.

I'd be happy enough with something open box. No idea on budget but thinking max maybe 800 euro  

Cheers 
    Mick
    Hey Mick.

Thanks for coming back to us again.

Marantz amps do run Monitor Audio speakers very well. However they are pretty much the same footprint as the Denon. Most A/V receivers are are the same measurements, although the 3310 was one of the bigger ones.

Marantz do a slim version the NR1508 coming in at 349 Euro so it's now going to be of high enough spec for your budget.
    There was the 1608 but it has now finished. There should be a new range coming but I have no release date as of yet.
    Even the Marantz SR range is currently in the change over process.

Have a look over a few of these as alternatives:
    Yamaha RXV685 priced at 729 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203526-402408.aspx

Yamaha RXA860 priced at 799 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203497-402747.aspx

Sticking with Denon there NEW AVRX2500 is fantastic and priced only at 569 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203414-402459.aspx

Sony have their 5 star reviewed STRDN1080 priced at 499 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202643-strdn1080.aspx

Let me know if any of those catch your eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks Kenny, the height and width of the denon is fine but it's a little deeper than others. I managed to get it fitted in with a little creative thinking. Would you have any end of line current model marantz that you'd recommend? I'm after something that will give me better performance than the denon. I remember john saying to me it would be hard to beat in terms of sound quality. I guess newer features like arc support and maybe 4k hdr pass through might simplify my cabling. At the moment I run video direct to the LG from all sources and audio separately to the denon.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Thanks Kenny, the height and width of the denon is fine but it's a little deeper than others. I managed to get it fitted in with a little creative thinking. Would you have any end of line current model marantz that you'd recommend? I'm after something that will give me better performance than the denon. I remember john saying to me it would be hard to beat in terms of sound quality. I guess newer features like arc support and maybe 4k hdr pass through might simplify my cabling. At the moment I run video direct to the LG from all sources and audio separately to the denon.
    Thanks,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

The only Marantz A/v receivers we currently have are the NR1508 mentioned above priced at 349.00 Euro.

I also have the Marantz SR6012 in silver (Brand New Boxed) left priced at 1050 Euro. I could drop this to 950 Euro to clear.

The NEW range is already on the Marantz website so it shouldn't be too far away hopefully for release.
    There will be a SR5013 (No pricing around as of yet).
    SR6013 (priced around 1499 Euro).
    NR1509 (Priced around 599 Euro).
    And a NR1609 (Priced around 799 Euro).
    https://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productlisting.aspx?catid=hometheatre&subcatid=avreceiver&sn=7&pn=2&so=&pids=

The 3011 has been surpassed several times over the years and as you say with all the new tech about, the NEW AVRX2500 in my opinion would sound better than the 3011. With HDMI all your sources would connect straight to the receiver and then just one HDMI to the TV. 
    This will product a far better sound over the older 3011.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

The only Marantz A/v receivers we currently have are the NR1508 mentioned above priced at 349.00 Euro.

I also have the Marantz SR6012 in silver (Brand New Boxed) left priced at 1050 Euro. I could drop this to 950 Euro to clear.

The NEW range is already on the Marantz website so it shouldn't be too far away hopefully for release.
    https://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productlisting.aspx?catid=hometheatre&subcatid=avreceiver&sn=7&pn=2&so=&pids=

The 3011 has been surpassed several times over the years and as you say with all the new tech about, the NEW AVRX2500 in my opinion would sound better than the 3011. With HDMI all your sources would connect straight to the receiver and then just one HDMI to the TV. 

Hi Kenny
    You wouldn't have the SR6012 in black?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Thanks,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Hi Kenny
    You wouldn't have the SR6012 in black?
    Thanks,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Unfortunately not, the SR6012 has now been discontinued and no more new stock will be arriving. The only NEW stock is in the silver finish.

However I might have an ex-display SR6012 unit in black. I would have to double check that it was not sold.
    If it was still available I could offer it for £850 delivered.

I'll confirm this tomorrow morning and revert back.

Let me know what you think.

• Advertisement

Kenny, 
    Would you mind pricing a denon x3400h?
    Thanks, 
    Mick

Kenny, 
    Thanks, 
    Mick
    Hi Mick,

Kenny is off today so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf.

As the AVRX3400s are finishing and priced to clear, the best price I could do would be the advertised price of £529 or 649 euro. These are currently available for in store collection only.

Kind regards

David

Kenny, 
    Thanks, 
    Mick
    Hi Mick,

Kenny is off today so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf.

As the AVRX3400s are finishing and priced to clear, the best price I could do would be the advertised price of £529 or 649 euro. These are currently available for in store collection only.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks Dave can you check re the marantz display model and if you have to chose the marantz or denon which would you go for?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mick,

we deffo have a display Marantz SR6012 in really good nick ( Black) - Happy to clear it at £699inc delivery ( it is way ahead of an AVRX34/44) in audio quality terms.

We also have them brand new boxed at £749 in Silver finish..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Mick,

we deffo have a display Marantz SR6012 in really good nick ( Black) - Happy to clear it at £699inc delivery ( it is way ahead of an AVRX34/44) in audio quality terms.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,
    I'll drop you a pm re the marantz.
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Advertisement

Mick,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,
    Thanks,
    Mick
    Or I will when you pms aren't full :)

Mick,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,
    Thanks,
    Mick
    Or I will when you pms aren't full :)
    Hey Mick.

If you want to send me the PM I can look after your request.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.