Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Conor Kenny to play in Parma, probably..
    Hope he steps us behind Carey
    We could have McCoy and Carty back for Cardiff I'd like to think..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    What is the health statues for Conan and Carey? Kenny was man of the match for the eagles for the first game in Boston, could well be needec

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Murray Kinsella reporting Belham having a serious hand injury and was brought straight to hopspital. Said it looked like he threw up at the side of the pitch from the pain. That would suggest its the end of his season probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Worst of every world really. Put out a mostly b team who were comfortably beaten and picked up injuries to key players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I’ve seen speculation that Bealham potentially severed a finger? Would explain the blood and covering the hand and even the vomiting but seems a little far fetched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    I think it’s fair to say what ever bealham injury is, it’s extremely unlikely he’ll play again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He was puking like a Yank on a stag. Glad he's not seriously injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone

Apparently he could see the bone. He's lucky it could've been a lot worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over

Apparently he could see the bone. He's lucky it could've been a lot worse
    24 stitches!
    Hopefully he'll be back for the playoffs/ final

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

24 stitches!
    Hopefully he'll be back for the playoffs/ final

No chance to heal within 2 weeks for Cardiff decider?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Great news. Unbelievably quick to get through the further information stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Zzippy wrote: »
    Great news. Unbelievably quick to get through the further information stage.

Couple of brown envelopes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Absolutely fantastic news. Work to start after pur last home game this season whenever that is I assume ?

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic news. Work to start after pur last home game this season whenever that is I assume ?

Cardiff game. We won't have a home play-off if we qualify, too far behind the top 2 at this stage.

Cardiff game. We won't have a home play-off if we qualify, too far behind the top 2 at this stage.

Good news for the development. Those extra few weeks will make a difference.
    Couple of signing announcements now to boost the season ticket sales would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    FACECUTTR wrote: »

They don't have funding yet I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone

IIRC it's essentially a 50/50 public private funding mix for the stadium. On the public side I believe the city council was informed it was being giving fining under the large developments program and had to decide what projects it was backing. The stadium was approved by the city council as first in priority last week so if I have the above right funding is secured for the public funding piece (albeit might not yet be available).

Not much word on the private part to date but as the development is being made in stages the public party may cover the planned rebuild of the clan stand side

• Advertisement

I'd imagine they had their ducks all lined up for the private funding already as to get going asap. With the public funding approved at least the new pitch could be laid along with most of the groundwork on the Clan side.

AFAIK the Council has submitted the Sportsground for inclusion on a national grant scheme. The money is not actually secured. I'm open to correction on that but I wouldn't think construction is imminent.

I've just renewed my season ticket so that's the cost of the JCB sorted.

AFAIK the Council has submitted the Sportsground for inclusion on a national grant scheme. The money is not actually secured. I'm open to correction on that but I wouldn't think construction is imminent.

First phase scheduled for this summer is the replacement of the pitch with a 3G/4G surface. Obviously the big work will require major funding but I think the pitch work is already funded, or they wouldn't have scheduled it so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone know what time do we have til today to renew?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time do we have til today to renew?

I got a text at around 6 yesterday evening saying 30 hours left so it's likely midnight

First phase scheduled for this summer is the replacement of the pitch with a 3G/4G surface. Obviously the big work will require major funding but I think the pitch work is already funded, or they wouldn't have scheduled it so soon.

I didn't know ye were putting down an artificial pitch. So that's independent of the reconstruction obviously.

Just don't be whinging when your lads are all going down with syndesmosis injuries and carpet burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I didn't know ye were putting down an artificial pitch. So that's independent of the reconstruction obviously.

It's not fully independent as it is a prerequisite. Specifically, the current trainign pitch will be subsumed by the development and there is no space for a replacement. One pitch won't handle training and game time, so artificial pitch is the only solution
    Just don't be whinging when your lads are all going down with syndesmosis injuries and carpet burn.

It has been proven that players who regularly train on an artificial pitch tend not to get injured on them during game time. Statistically speaking, it tends to be visiting players who are more predisposed to injury* . So we are less likely to be whinging...

*I made this up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

yes yes, but before all of that happens there's going to be two or three glorious weeks of running rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Garfin

The Sportsground has one of the best pitches in the country, why tear it up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement