Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Garfin wrote: »
    The Sportsground has one of the best pitches in the country, why tear it up?

In the development they'll have to get rid of the side pitch
    So with a junior club using the main pitch for training and matches along with the Connacht teams training and matches then women underages and cup finals etc it's a lot of wear and tear!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Legion2008

Hi, need a favour from somebody, could somebody post me a Connacht Rugby supporters flag please?

In my daughters school each table is named after a province and I've gotten her a flag from all other provinces but haven't been able to get a Connacht one.

I'll reimburse the postage :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Legion2008 wrote: »
    Hi, need a favour from somebody, could somebody post me a Connacht Rugby supporters flag please?

In my daughters school each table is named after a province and I've gotten her a flag from all other provinces but haven't been able to get a Connacht one.

In case nobody has one laying around: https://flagman.ie/product/connacht-rugby-flag/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

where are you? (county / country - not specific address)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Legion2008

where are you? (county / country - not specific address)

I’m in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro14/connacht-suffer-injury-headaches-after-crashing-out-of-challenge-cup-1.3844701?mode=amp

Article mentions that Connolly is apparently expected to leave at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro14/connacht-suffer-injury-headaches-after-crashing-out-of-challenge-cup-1.3844701?mode=amp

Article mentions that Connolly is apparently expected to leave at the end of the season.

A seven is needed to be signed so, possibly even two back rows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Missed Friday’s game so not sure how he went there but the rare opportunities Connolly got as part of a first choice team (Thomond Park win in particular stands out) he never let Connacht down. Hope he gets picked up and goes well elsewhere.

Season tickets general sale starts this week I think? Might start to see some signings announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Was thinking we'd get an announcement last week tbh. I know Mick Kearney is rumored to be potentially coming back but unless somebody like Cannon might be going I think we're well stocked for second rows. Be no harm to upgrade on McCoy at prop level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

https://geo.galwaycity.ie/ePlan5/AppFileRefDetails/18402/0

planning granted 24 conditions. cant find way to read it

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Was thinking we'd get an announcement last week tbh. I know Mick Kearney is rumored to be potentially coming back but unless somebody like Cannon might be going I think we're well stocked for second rows. Be no harm to upgrade on McCoy at prop level.

Where’s the Kearney rumor coming from? He’s starting to hit good form for Leinster. Well stocked in second row though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Zzippy wrote: »
    First phase scheduled for this summer is the replacement of the pitch with a 3G/4G surface. Obviously the big work will require major funding but I think the pitch work is already funded, or they wouldn't have scheduled it so soon.

Oh Christ as if it’s not difficult enough to play on as it is. You ever play on 4G in the wind and rain, it’s a nightmare.

The Friend Zone
    stephen_n wrote: »
    Oh Christ as if it’s not difficult enough to play on as it is. You ever play on 4G in the wind and rain, it’s a nightmare.

Im expecting Connacht to never lose a home game again with the new conditions oppositions will have to face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Where’s the Kearney rumor coming from? He’s starting to hit good form for Leinster. Well stocked in second row though

Nothing more than rumours so could potentially be ****etalk but heard it from a typically reliable source. Doesn't make much sense to me either tbh.

The Friend Zone
    Nothing more than rumours so could potentially be ****etalk but heard it from a typically reliable source. Doesn't make much sense to me either tbh.

He’d be an upgrade on cannon egos out of contract, in my eyes anyways. But he’d essentially be moving from 4/5th choice at Leinster to 4th choice at Connacht. Stranger things have happened though.

At a stretch both ultan and roux could hypothetically be gone to the World Cup so an extra body might be no harm but that’s a long shot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

stephen_n wrote: »

No choice. We won't have a training pitch once the upgrade starts construction, and the junior club that also trains and plays on that pitch will have to use the main pitch too. Main pitch is great but couldn't handle training plus all the extra games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I’m in Dublin

just sent you a pm there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Kearney is better than Cannon. and although I think there are areas of greater need I wouldn't be displeased to see us strengthen in any position. Having said that, if any of Claffey, Gallagher, or Maksimyw are any good they'll overtake Cannon over the next year anyway.

Hopefully Munster can do a number on Cardiff this weekend. Assuming they do, and we beat Zebre, then any kind of win over Cardiff on the 13th will see us safe into the playoffs without needing anything from the visit to Thomond. If Munster roll over this weekend, though, it gets a lot more interesting. Glasgow have a tough run-in, with a bit of luck Munster will be clear in 1st going into the last round and won't need anything from that game. Either way, it's extremely tight going into the last 3 games, and isn't it great to have something to play for again at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Zzippy wrote: »
    Hopefully Munster can do a number on Cardiff this weekend. Assuming they do, and we beat Zebre, then any kind of win over Cardiff on the 13th will see us safe into the playoffs without needing anything from the visit to Thomond. If Munster roll over this weekend, though, it gets a lot more interesting. Glasgow have a tough run-in, with a bit of luck Munster will be clear in 1st going into the last round and won't need anything from that game. Either way, it's extremely tight going into the last 3 games, and isn't it great to have something to play for again at this stage of the season.

It is indeed great to still be in the hunt. Will be an interesting few weeks.
    I wonder will the rotation ease off a little now that our eggs are in 1 basket? Apart from injuries of course we should be going maximum strength every game now.

• Advertisement

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    It is indeed great to still be in the hunt. Will be an interesting few weeks.
    I wonder will the rotation ease off a little now that our eggs are in 1 basket? Apart from injuries of course we should be going maximum strength every game now.

Absolutely. Get the 5 points this weekend first and hope to God Cardiff lose to Munster. As strong a team as possible to get a win against Cardiff. I definitely don't want to be going to Thomond needing points on the last day. If we've secured third before that can rotate for Munster and rest a few for the playoff.

The Friend Zone
    Carty pictured training with the squad today.

The Friend Zone
    My predicted 23

Buckley delahunt Carey
    Dillane thornbury
    Butler Copeland faingaa
    Blade carty
    Robb Farrell
    Healy toh Fitzgerald

Heffernan McCabe Kenny/Conan maksymiw mckeon marmion godwin leader

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

My predicted 23

Buckley delahunt Carey
    Dillane thornbury
    Butler Copeland faingaa
    Blade carty
    Robb Farrell
    Healy toh Fitzgerald

I'm curious as to why you have Copeland and Robb there. I'd have thought Bundee would be in there. This week and next are vital.

I do see the benefit of having Marmion on the bench with Godwin though. I thought that might happen in Sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Bundees in Portugal anyway

Bundees in Portugal anyway

His positioning has always been an issue.....

The Friend Zone
    Mr Tickle wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why you have Copeland and Robb there. I'd have thought Bundee would be in there. This week and next are vital.

I do see the benefit of having Marmion on the bench with Godwin though. I thought that might happen in Sale.

Personally I’d rather have mckeon and Boyle in the 23 but I just have a feeling Copeland will start.

He’s had two try scoring games with the eagles and made a decent impact from the bench against sale. In theory his experience should help in the run in and zebre is as good a chance as any to build up form. I feel Boyle, masterson and Connolly will face the chop after last week.

Personally I’d rather have mckeon and Boyle in the 23 but I just have a feeling Copeland will start.

He’s had two try scoring games with the eagles and made a decent impact from the bench against sale. In theory his experience should help in the run in and zebre is as good a chance as any to build up form. I feel Boyle, masterson and Connolly will face the chop after last week.

Fair enough. the lads needed to be doing more last week alright. They needed to be up to a bit more mischief.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

My predicted 23

Buckley delahunt Carey
    Dillane thornbury
    Butler Copeland faingaa
    Blade carty
    Robb Farrell
    Healy toh Fitzgerald

I agree we may well see Copeland at least on the bench. Physicality an experience much needed.
    Worried not to see McCabe and see Burke on the training pics..

Conan O'Donnell seems to get the nod for TH behind Carey, I thought he moved back to LH...
    Robb Farrell, no Bundee, sadly...Maybe Daly? 50/50 with Peter

Leader deserved to get the nod as 14 or 15 IMO
    Roux, thought in mendatory rest week, may be allowed on the bench as he didn't play last week, doesn't he?

This is the game I fear the most since Cheetahs.
    we have to keep cool heads, like Munster did vs Zebre last Pro14 week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

connachta wrote: »
    I agree we may well see Copeland at least on the bench. Physicality an experience much needed.
    Worried not to see McCabe and see Burke on the training pics..

Conan O'Donnell seems to get the nod for TH behind Carey, I thought he moved back to LH...
    Robb Farrell, no Bundee, sadly...Maybe Daly? 50/50 with Peter

Leader deserved to get the nod as 14 or 15 IMO
    Roux, thought in mendatory rest week, may be allowed on the bench as he didn't play last week, doesn't he?

This is the game I fear the most since Cheetahs.
    we have to keep cool heads, like Munster did vs Zebre last Pro14 week

Is that not McCabe to the left of Blade? https://www.facebook.com/ConnachtRugby/photos/pcb.10156370770733562/10156370768118562/?type=3&theater

Agreed on Leader he's in good form.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement