Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Friend Zone
    Hard to believe that. The IRFU control and authorise all.

I heard Aki went to Connacht to be guaranteed his place on the starting 15.

I call complete BS on that one.

Aki came onto lams radar after aki worked under tana umaga with counties manuwatu.... And lam had that blues connection with umaga.
    Aki came in at a time that Connacht were loosing mckeown and tonetti in the center, which was the bargaining point between Connacht and the IRFU.

I don't for one second believe the irfu had scouted aki as a potential national player, and then looked to see what province to put him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    sydthebeat wrote: »

Aki came onto lams radar after aki worked under tana umaga with counties manuwatu.... And lam had that blues connection with umaga.
    Aki came in at a time that Connacht were loosing mckeown and tonetti in the center, which was the bargaining point between Connacht and the IRFU.

I don't for one second believe the irfu had scouted aki as a potential national player, and then looked to see what province to put him in.

What’s it matter? It’s nearly 5 years ago. Bundee is a Connacht and Ireland player.

The Friend Zone
    KBurke85 wrote: »
    What’s it matter? It’s nearly 5 years ago. Bundee is a Connacht and Ireland player.

The post I replied is less than 8 hours old???

Is there a statute of limitations now on responding to posts that I don't know about??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Godwin conformed our on the 42 with a tight injury

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    With Bundee/Farrell if doesn't matter as much but it would have been nice to be able to bring strong options off the bench too. Cardiff also have very strong centres though I think Halaholo went off injured last week.

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »
    With Bundee/Farrell if doesn't matter as much but it would have been nice to be able to bring strong options off the bench too. Cardiff also have very strong centres though I think Halaholo went off injured last week.

More for the 22 jersey. Think Daly will get it and he has been solid enough recently. Carty will be needed for the full 80

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Godwin is a loss, he’s been excellent this season and is much more well rounded than other options.

Is Nick Williams still out for Cardiff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Godwin is a loss, he’s been excellent this season and is much more well rounded than other options.

Is Nick Williams still out for Cardiff?

For a guy who was bang average for both Munster and Ulster he's really found a way of ruining days for Connacht.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The Friend Zone
    sydthebeat wrote: »

You might be right and you might also be wrong.

The Friend Zone
    You might be right and you might also be wrong.

that statement could also be right... or it could be wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    For a guy who was bang average for both Munster and Ulster he's really found a way of ruining days for Connacht.

I thought his time with Ulster was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Daly, Fitzgerald and Llyod all sign contracts for next season

https://www.connachtrugby.ie/daly-fitzgerald-and-lloyd-the-latest-to-sign-connacht-contracts/

The Friend Zone
    Good to see them being kept on, big week for the Fitzgeralds.

On the academy players being bumped up yesterday, kind of surprised de buitlear didn’t get promoted. Looks a fine prospect, didn’t do anything wrong any time he’s played and from pictures seems to have been training with the seniors all year

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Good to see them being kept on, big week for the Fitzgeralds.

On the academy players being bumped up yesterday, kind of surprised de buitlear didn’t get promoted. Looks a fine prospect, didn’t do anything wrong any time he’s played and from pictures seems to have been training with the seniors all year

Would Lloyyd getting a senior contract indicate Kerins (Year 3) Being released altogether.
    Two others were no Brainers both have added to squad and can only improve with more exposure to top level rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Lebute wrote: »
    Would Lloyyd getting a senior contract indicate Kerins (Year 3) Being released altogether.
    Two others were no Brainers both have added to squad and can only improve with more exposure to top level rugby.

It depends, they could be considering letting McKeon and Mitchell go, I'd say Mitchell will def be let go, and promoting Kerrins thus keeping 4 senior scrum halves

The Friend Zone
    b.gud wrote: »
    It depends, they could be considering letting McKeon and Mitchell go, I'd say Mitchell will def be let go, and promoting Kerrins thus keeping 4 senior scrum halves

Prob v likely especially with Marmion most likely going to the world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Definitely between C.McKeon and Kerrins for the 4th spot

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

connachta wrote: »
    Definitely between C.McKeon and Kerrins for the 4th spot

Between Kerins and Reilly.. Mckeon is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Are they all confirmed? Only saw officially Carey and kelleher and Connolly was rumored to be leaving in a paper.

That’s a lot bigger turnover in players than I expected. Can see reasons for all leaving though. Big recruitment needed though

Yes there all confirmed, players were told during the last two weeks

The Friend Zone
    Lucas44 wrote: »
    Between Kerins and Reilly.. Mckeon is gone

Kerins looked very good when he was u 20, would like to see more of him next season

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Lucas44 wrote: »
    Yes there all confirmed, players were told during the last two weeks

Delahunt staying? Any incoming rumors?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Interesting that Paul Boyle was on media duty this week, would suggest he will start presumably with Fainga’a and Butler. Expect Copeland might get bench slot given impact he had last week but McKeon has been going well too.

The Friend Zone
    Big surprise McCabe going

• Registered Users Posts: 11,629 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Delahunt and Robb have extended their contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Are we a bit short at prop next year with McCabe, Carey and O'Donnell leaving? Very surprised at McCabe and O'Donnell, really thought both would be kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over
    Griffins hamstring killed the momentum he had when he broke through with Tiernan and McSharry. Wish him and Craig in particular the very best.

Great servants and nice fellas too

The Friend Zone
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Are we a bit short at prop next year with McCabe, Carey and O'Donnell leaving? Very surprised at McCabe and O'Donnell, really thought both would be kept.

We have signed McAllister I imagine he replaces McCabe. Bit surprised O'Donnell is leaving. Looked like he had a lot of potential

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Zzippy wrote: »

McAllister signed, Burke and Kenny promoted and friend said Carey would be replaced. If anything adding an extra number

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement