Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Personally think no Navidi or Williams is huge. I think there’s a very good chance of the win if the pack can stand up, especially disturbing their set piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

What happens if Jack gets injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Match is sold out anyway which is good to see. Hope the crowd are seriously vocal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Probably Blade to 10 and Marmion in at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone

Tom Daly comes on at out half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    I'd agree not much impact from the bench. Marmion ok, and youd be hoping Copeland can produce something to his Zebre cameo.

Front five we'll probably be hoping to survive and Daly has been solid but not a game changer. Similarly kelleher will finish a chance if he gets it but def won't have Cardiff quaking In their boots

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Tom Daly comes on at out half

That's why he was prefered to Robb IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Not sure what the **** is going on at training for non playing members of the squad today but well worth a look at Eoin McKeon and James Mitchell's Instagram stories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Bazzo wrote: »
    Not sure what the **** is going on at training for non playing members of the squad today but well worth a look at Eoin McKeon and James Mitchell's Instagram stories :D

For those of you who son't have Instagram, like me, follow these links to see the pics/videos

https://storiesig.com/stories/eoinmckeon
    https://storiesig.com/stories/jamesmitch_

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Munster winning in Treviso and Ulster winning in Edinburgh bit of a disaster, will mean Connacht in the significantly harder conference for next two seasons, if it is done on league positions as Wales Online suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »

A few players at eoin coughlan from the hardy bucks, in the black box tonight. Could have been dressingbup in preparation for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I got the impression that it was an attempt at the dance from the young offenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Lads what time will the gates be open tomorrow? 1.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

macslash wrote: »
    Lads what time will the gates be open tomorrow? 1.30?
    hour and half prior to kick off is normal procedure for pro14 games and 2 hours for bigger games.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Munster winning in Treviso and Ulster winning in Edinburgh bit of a disaster, will mean Connacht in the significantly harder conference for next two seasons, if it is done on league positions as Wales Online suggested.
    Will be just one season, conferences will be changed every season based on finishing positions

Mul, it's over
    guapos wrote: »
    Will be just one season, conferences will be changed every season based on finishing positions

Two seasons I think as home/away fixtures have to be balanced out. Will be hard to crack into top three Irish provinces in next restructuring too as Munster and Ulster look like they could dominate other pool.

Connacht, Scarlets, Ospreys and Cheetahs all scrapping for third behind Leinster and Glasgow for two years isn’t a great prospect. Considering the other pool would be two from Connacht, Cardiff, Treviso and Edinburgh.

Guess there is the chance Wales online had it wrong and playoffs will be included in determining new conferences or it is on total points not finishing positions but doubt it. It’s amateur hour stuff that Pro14 haven’t clarified though.

So, good wind but no rain expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    So, good wind but no rain expected

Wind is quite strong not sure I’d call it a good wind

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Wind is quite strong not sure I’d call it a good wind

Good it is. We're more used to it than Cardiff

Mul, it's over
    We’re obviously more used to it but would rather it died down. Connacht are good enough to beat Cardiff in calm conditions and I would say a heavy wind increases variance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mjp

No Navidi or Nick Williams in squad. We should be taking these at home.

mjp wrote: »
    No Navidi or Nick Williams in squad. We should be taking these at home.

No Dacey either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Fyi... For those traveling in car from the east/south ..... Significant tailbacks on DC around briarhill, and old Dublin road very busy

Update: caused my lights being out at briarhill and guards not believing that road safety on one of the cities biggest junctions warrants it's physical presence.... !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht with the gale first half. Will have to build up a decent lead.

Mul, it's over
    Connacht with the gale first half. Will have to build up a decent lead.

That’s unfortunate, we don’t have a great record of playing with wind in first half when it’s this strong.

Early pen missed by Carty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over
    That is outrageous from Carty. One of the best kick passes I’ve seen this year

Bend it like Carty.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

its_phil wrote: »
    That is outrageous from Carty. One of the best kick passes I’ve seen this year

I second that, Unbelievable kick.

• Advertisement

Cardiff having a bit too much ball. Haven’t scored but it’s eating up the clock into the wind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement