Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    The Galleon just up from the prom will fill you up rightly for the day ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Salthill lunch go to the full duck!

Brilliant food and on the prom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

The Galleon just up from the prom will fill you up rightly for the day ahead

The Galleon went into receivership and is under new management, I haven'tt been there since they changed hands which is why I left it off the list. Also worth noting that the galleon does more of a meat and 2 veg style which wouldn't appeal to the pear and bacon loving Thomond :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    b.gud wrote: »
    The Galleon went into receivership and is under new management, I haven'tt been there since they changed hands which is why I left it off the list. Also worth noting that the galleon does more of a meat and 2 veg style which wouldn't appeal to the pear and bacon loving Thomond :)

Thats why I suggested the full duck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What you need Thomond is a trip to Supermac's Salthill and it will cure you of your recently acquired D4 notions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    What you need Thomond is a trip to Supermac's Salthill and it will cure you of your recently acquired D4 notions.

If you want me to get sick all over the prom, then sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Lana in Salthill is good.

Murtys for the match is the best shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

A come on lads, you all know where the best avacado toast is, just tell the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over

If you want me to get sick all over the prom, then sure.

Get out and stay out of the west of Ireland talking about Supermacs like that.

Expecting a ban for this treason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

So Signing to come next week. Can't be otherwise.
    9 left 3 promoted 1 signed only. Need 4 or 5 at least

NIQ TH
    NIQ Wing
    2nd Row (Kearney)
    Back-3 cover (maybe a 15/10 like Carbery/Lydon)

The 5th is uncertain, as Friend told about lean squad

• Advertisement

Some Like It TOH
    Unfortunately I didn't make it to Galway today but thanks for the advice all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Unfortunately I didn't make it to Galway today but thanks for the advice all the same.

I assume that the reason you didn't make it is because your comments about Supermacs were noted and there was a border patrol setup to stop you entering

Some Like It TOH
    b.gud wrote: »
    I assume that the reason you didn't make it is because your comments about Supermacs were noted and there was a border patrol setup to stop you entering

No comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »

Kellaway played with Horwitz at the waratahs and NSW with godwin and Horwitz. I’m sure he’d fit in well with them again

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Kellaway played with Horwitz at the waratahs and NSW with godwin and Horwitz. I’m sure he’d fit in well with them again

He played a good amount of rugby this season, he's young among our quite ageing wing profiles, he can cover 13 as nearly 100 kg
    Friend must have his phone number from his Aus U20 contacts...

Would be a great signing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    He played a good amount of rugby this season, he's young among our quite ageing wing profiles, he can cover 13 as nearly 100 kg
    Friend must have his phone number from his Aus U20 contacts...

Would be a great signing

Covers wing and fullback too. I would be very excited to see it happen

Yeah we need mainly a wing, which he seems to be, and he can fit in sometime for Farrell/TOH, that's a plus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Don’t know anything about kellaway to be honest.

That the only player Friend was involved in signing for this season (Fainga’a) won players player of the year would give some confidence that recruitment will go well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mjp

I see Pita Akhi starting centre for Toulouse in today's semi final against Leinster. Wouldn't have expected that based on form he showed in brief spell with us.

• Advertisement

Well we need a 7th prop, who can rise Kenny to the next level, do a job mainly on the bench vs the best in Europe, cover both side mainly TH, and who knows, avoiding to use the NIQ spots there maybe.
    For a year there's a guy for that : Michael Bent! Leinster now have Porter and Abaladze, and I'm sure as 34 he can finish his career on a high like Nathan White few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Well we need a 7th prop, who can rise Kenny to the next level, do a job mainly on the bench vs the best in Europe, cover both side mainly TH, and who knows, avoiding to use the NIQ spots there maybe.
    For a year there's a guy for that : Michael Bent! Leinster now have Porter and Abaladze, and I'm sure as 34 he can finish his career on a high like Nathan White few years ago

No thanks

KBurke85 wrote: »
    No thanks

So, Ben Betts? Ah You? NIQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

KBurke85 wrote: »
    No thanks

Not sure here, are you saying you wouldn’t want Michael Bent in your squad? It won’t happen as he’s a big part of Leinster’s squad but he would be a great signing for Connacht. Covers both sides and performs every week. Not flashy but is a very good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bent has been one of the best signings by a province in the past decade. It says a lot that he was one of the few subs Leinster trusted to come on before the closing minutes yesterday.

He genuinely covers both sides, hardly ever gets injured and is exceptionally consistent. He's never going to be winning MOTM awards but he carries, makes his tackles, locks out the scrum against all comers and his error count is very, very low.

I was advocating Ulster offering him a deal a year ago. He would be a great signing for Connacht for 2 years.

Some Like It TOH
    Connacht did pretty well out of the last backup Kiwi prop they signed from Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Ben Betts?

He doesn't seem to be getting much game time in Munster at the moment! ;)

He doesn't seem to be getting much game time in Munster at the moment! ;)

He's free to go from England Championship in June AFAIC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

You've got a Friend in me
    He's free to go from England Championship in June AFAIC

I hear he's off to Leicester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Some Like It TOH
    Ben Betts hasn't really kicked on. It's a shame really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement