Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

Hi All, Any regulars visitors to Thomond recommend a place or two for pints before the match this saturday and then in the City centre after.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Lebute wrote: »
    Hi All, Any regulars visitors to Thomond recommend a place or two for pints before the match this saturday and then in the City centre after.
    i like JJ bowles in Thomondgate if im around early enough before game. at bridge looking over river at king johns castle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Conor Deane pictured a lot on inpho, not an indication of anything other than he tried with the senior squad but really wouldn’t be surprised to see deane or Luke carty in the 23 with Horwitz and Fitzgerald both out.

I’d pick something along the lines of:
    McCabe heffernan McCoy
    Roux Gallagher
    Mckeon Copeland Boyle
    Marmion Godwin
    Robb daly( Farrell)
    Fitzgerald leader niyi

McCartney Buckley Kenny maksymiw faingaa kerins deane de buitlear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Conor Deane pictured a lot on inpho, not an indication of anything other than he tried with the senior squad but really wouldn’t be surprised to see deane or Luke carty in the 23 with Horwitz and Fitzgerald both out.

I’d pick something along the lines of:
    McCabe heffernan McCoy
    Roux Gallagher
    Mckeon Copeland Boyle
    Marmion Godwin
    Robb daly( Farrell)
    Fitzgerald leader niyi

McCartney Buckley Kenny maksymiw faingaa kerins deane de buitlear

makes a lot of sense. Maybe start McCartney. Heffernan might be more valuable in the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Bealham trained as well. I'd prob put him in the 23 to get some minutes ahead of the Ulster game.

• Advertisement

Can somebody in Galway with a spare room kidnap Jack until Sunday? Don't want Friend having a brain fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    Lebute wrote: »

Curragower. If it's a nice day you can enjoy your pints with King John's Castle in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre/referee-appointments/

Frank Murphy down to ref match v Munster? Seems strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

ClanofLams wrote: »

I guess he played for both...... didn't he do another match in galway this season, was it Leinster?

Mul, it's over
    I guess he played for both...... didn't he do another match in galway this season, was it Leinster?

Yeah think he did a Connacht match both this season and last, not sure against who. I thought he was registered as a ref with Munster and so couldn’t ref them but obviously not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He reffed the Glasgow away match last year, much to the annoyance of the locals around me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over

No issue with that, he’s a decent ref

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over

Did a fine job for Munster v Leinster at Christmas.

Mul, it's over
    Did a fine job for Munster v Leinster at Christmas.

Ah didn’t realise he did that. I meant strange in that thought he was Munster branch ref so couldn’t ref Munster. He’s seemed good from what I can recall from previous Connacht games too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

No Godwin on the pics? Bad news Carty will have to be risked...
    Bealham and Gallagher both fit though, good, I think they'll start!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    No Godwin on the pics? Bad news Carty will have to be risked...
    Bealham and Gallagher both fit though, good, I think they'll start!

I'd play Bealham at out-half instead of risking Carty this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    I'd play Bealham at out-half instead of risking Carty this weekend.
    Buckley would relish the opportunity

The Friend Zone
    Buckley would relish the opportunity

Buckley’s an out and out nine tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Buckley’s an out and out nine tho

True!

Mul, it's over
    Roux still suffering with virus, could miss Ulster game. Bealham and Marmion available this week. Tighthead signing already done and to be announced

https://www.the42.ie/quinn-roux-connacht-injury-update-4603392-Apr2019/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Roux still suffering with virus, could miss Ulster game. Bealham and Marmion available this week. Tighthead signing already done and to be announced

https://www.the42.ie/quinn-roux-connacht-injury-update-4603392-Apr2019/

Hopefully he'll be back in time, will need to put out or strongest possible team for a chance of winning in Belfast.

The Friend Zone
    From reading that suggests to me there won’t be another loosehead signed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    From reading that suggests to me there won’t be another loosehead signed

Didn't expect us to sign another one really. McAllister replaces McCabe and hopefully Burke will continue to improve and get more game time.

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Didn't expect us to sign another one really. McAllister replaces McCabe and hopefully Burke will continue to improve and get more game time.

Burke looks ok, we have 7 props including the new TH, and Bealham will cover LH if both Buckley and McCabe are injured (which is unlikely as Buckley is a rock, so good choice IMO)

The Friend Zone
    KBurke85 wrote: »

Didn’t expect one either but if there was spare cash I would have added depth there over most other positions

Didn’t expect one either but if there was spare cash I would have added depth there over most other positions

Over a 10?

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    Over a 10?

Possibly, I don’t think you’ll get a ten of any decent quality cheap or Irish qualified. With carty going to the World Cup they might be willing to splash the cash though. Also feel like Horwitz and Fitzgerald could have shown more in training than they have on the pitch, Godwin also could get more reps in training.

If money was no issue I’d have a crack at getting madigan if he’d settle for second choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Wegians89 wrote:
    If money was no issue I’d have a crack at getting madigan if he’d settle for second choice.

He has his money made, is 30 and is unlikely to be capped again even if back in Ireland. I reckon he'll look at an easy money move somewhere without much expectation for a couple of years if leaving Bristol.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up at a Pro14 side outside of the provinces.

Mul, it's over
    Don’t think there’s any chance of Madigan coming back to Ireland either, might be some hope if the World Cup was in 18 months time and he thought he had a shot of making squad. Would rather Godwin wasn’t moved there either barring emergency situation, he’s a very good centre, no point taking away from that.

Can’t have two NIQs in the position I think so limited to Irish? Cathal Marsh is the only option that springs to mind, don’t think he would necessarily be no.2 but he might be good for depth and affordable.

• Advertisement

Don’t think there’s any chance of Madigan coming back to Ireland either, might be some hope if the World Cup was in 18 months time and he thought he had a shot of making squad. Would rather Godwin wasn’t moved there either barring emergency situation, he’s a very good centre, no point taking away from that.

Can’t have two NIQs in the position I think so limited to Irish? Cathal Marsh is the only option that springs to mind, don’t think he would necessarily be no.2 but he might be good for depth and affordable.

Bill Johnson has another year of a contract left. He's a bit wasted in in his current place in the pecking order. One of him or JJ should be looking at a move.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement