Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Have connacht signed a kiwi prop called jager?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone

Not officially, no mention of it either. Presume it’s the Irish lad oil jager playing for the crusaders you’re on about

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

He's not a kiwi. Is Irish, Didnt get contract here and went to NZ, paying to go to Crusaders High Performance Unit and got contract from that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

The Irish prop playing with Crusaders ?
    Very doubtful seeing as he has a year left on his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    The Irish prop playing with Crusaders ?
    Very doubtful seeing as he has a year left on his contract.

I meant Irish qualified btw.

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    McCartneys lineouts have been shocking all year

The Friend Zone
    Anytime I’ve seen frank murphy ref I’ve been impressed. I know it’s awkward him reffing Connacht or Munster but he’s going places in the reffing world

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Nice way for Fitzgerald to reintroduce himself to. Munster with that robbery of conway

McCartney form has gone off a cliff recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

You've got a Friend in me
    And the sin bin curse strikes again! We always seem to be worse when the opposition lose a man or two even!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

This ref rocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Andrew Conway getting done was as good as a win for me. Hon Fitzy!

The Friend Zone
    Not too disappointed with that a fairly weakens Connacht team with nothing to play for didn’t look outclassed by a near full straight Munster team. Thought mckeon, marmion and Fitzgerald put their hands up in regards to selection for next week. Was really please to see dean and Burke pass their test at that level, two players I’m sure we’ll see a lot more of. Lineouts still a major issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    That was a decent performance all things considered. If Quinn Roux isn’t available next week, would be tempted to take a chance on Dillane and Thornbury lasting the full game and go with two of McKeon, Boyle and Copeland on the bench, think the latter has player second row a bit.

Have a good chance in Ravenhill I think, great Connacht won there this season, won’t have to hear about sixty years etc all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Mul, it's over
    What's Connacht's best backrow with Sean O'Brien injured? 6. McKeon, 7. Butler, 8. Copeland?

The Friend Zone
    What's Connacht's best backrow with Sean O'Brien injured? 6. McKeon, 7. Butler, 8. Copeland?

6 mckeon 7 faingaa 8 butler 20 Boyle/Copeland for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Personally I’d have Boyle at 6. Either way we have great options in the back row.

Mul, it's over
    Tight between McKeon and Boyle for 6, would go with McKeon and Boyle on bench.

Expect Cannon will bench given he was withdrawn early but really think it would be worth going with Copeland. Dillane and Thornbury are well able for the full game barring injuries. It’s a risk but sticking on Boyle and Copeland with twenty to go could be a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    Colby and butler nailed on 7 and 8, would have a fit SOB at 6, toss up between Boyle and McKeon.

Would start Eoin next week after his performance tonight.

Copeland a great option but would take his Cardiff era form to break into the full strength team at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Bundee got a fair bit of abuse regarding the folou thing from the munster fans and players today it seemed to get to him a little. Glad he was taken off early pity munster wernt so passionate about drug cheats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hope as many people head up to Belfast next week as possible. This has been a fantastic season and Friend deserves immense respect in his first year. He beat these in Ravenhill already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Bundee got a fair bit of abuse regarding the folou thing from the munster fans and players today it seemed to get to him a little. Glad he was taken off early pity munster wernt so passionate about drug cheats

As I said in the Munster thread, only time bundee got jeered was in the back and Forth stuff with Calvin Nash, and they both embraced at Ht and FT, absolutely nothing in it.

Are you Ewan Mackenna by any chance?..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I don't believe this to be a true statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Hope as many people head up to Belfast next week as possible. This has been a fantastic season and Friend deserves immense respect in his first year. He beat these in Ravenhill already.

Getting tickets for myself and herself now. Any particular terrace for Connacht fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Getting tickets for myself and herself now. Any particular terrace for Connacht fans?

West is where the bulk of the Clan have gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

As well as being completely untrue this comment does a fine job of representing the bitter minority of the Connacht support that I reallly detest.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

BeardySi wrote: »
    West is where the bulk of the Clan have gotten.

Deadly, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

As well as being completely untrue this comment does a fine job of representing the bitter minority of the Connacht support that I reallly detest.

Was at the game in the west stand .... not one Munster supporter mentioned the tweet

The Friend Zone
    Mick Kearney confirmed leaving Leinster. Not confirmed where he’s going but linked with Connacht

Mul, it's over
    Good interview with Jack Carty on latest House of Rugby pod. Interestingly revealed that Connacht were doing sprint tests recently and Marmion was quickest with top speed of 37km per hr. Best time recorded in Connacht history apparently, he did joke about wind so not sure how much of a factor that was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Good interview with Jack Carty on latest House of Rugby pod. Interestingly revealed that Connacht were doing sprint tests recently and Marmion was quickest with top speed of 37km per hr. Best time recorded in Connacht history apparently, he did joke about wind so not sure how much of a factor that was.

Considering some of the wingers current and former (fetu especially) that's remarkable

Think I recall a tweet of Jordan conroy at the hk sevens doing that speed (ball in hand) so that's serious wheels

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement