Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Fitz on the wing had a fantastic game. Looked for work all game. Porch has a great turn of pace but needs a lot of game time to get up to 15s speed. Leader was a boss at 15. Massive boot and kicked 6/6 conversions.
    Farrell and Daly looked good. Strong going forward and Daly has a good kicking game too.
    Horwitz looked like he was almost afraid to take the ball into contact. Looks like his confidence is in his boots. He will have to step it up considerably. Lloyd was decent and lively. Not a bad back up to Blade and Marmion.
    Copeland had a bit of a spark about him but looked unfit. Obviously it's preseason so that will shift. McKeon was involved in a lot . His usual good performance. Boyle was a bit quiet in the first half I thought.
    Great to see Roux and Thornbury playing well. Definitely our starting 2nds.
    Buckley was his usual self. Looks fit and rearing to go. Not a bad performance for Murphy but we are so stacked at hooker. McCoy was ok. I think he goes missing a bit in games which is a shame because he is a big carrier.
    Great 2nd from Fitzgerald at 10. He looks a bit light but seems like a great player.
    Looking forward to the start of the season now as the players have had a good run last year and will be full of confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Think I saw Copeland on crutches somewhere on Instagram earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Think I saw Copeland on crutches on crutches somewhere on Instagram earlier

Yeah it looked like he went off with a bad enough injury

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

TBF we're absolutely stocked for back-rowers

SOB-Butler-Fainga'a
    Masterson-McKeon-Boyle
    Gallagher and S.Masterson if need

The Friend Zone
    Peter McCabe training with Munster apparently. Good player hope it goes well for him

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    TBF we're absolutely stocked for back-rowers

SOB-Butler-Fainga'a
    Masterson-McKeon-Boyle
    Gallagher and S.Masterson if need

Yeah it’s not looking too bad but looking back at the highlights of the Russia match Copeland plays a big part twice in the first two tries. Turns over the ball twice and in the first try gets his and on the ball again and for the second try hits the firs duck after porch’s break. A fit Copeland offers something different to the rest of the back row options. Shame his career has had its fair share of injuries.

Copeland mentioned in a tweet he has a knee brace. Sounds pretty bad that

Mul, it's over
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    Peter McCabe training with Munster apparently. Good player hope it goes well for him

Was very surprised we let him go, as solid a 2nd choice as you could hope for. Even with McAllister coming he would have been handy to have around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Think I saw Copeland on crutches somewhere on Instagram earlier

Must be ok he was playing at the Connacht Golf day today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    macslash wrote: »

Which is why like Mr Francis I don't listen to or read anything by him. It's a life choice I would happily recommend

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    To be honest lads I generally wouldn't but it came up on my Facebook feed and I fell for it.

On another note, does anyone know if the season ticket packs will be available during the Munster match?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

The worst thing about the Fitzgerald thing is that you know when he has his old mates on the show and they ask him about it he's just "naaaahhh maaate, I luv Bundee and CJ, I just have to take, a slant, you knoooww"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fitzy is still gutted over losing a final to Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,681 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Luke just comes across as that one scorned ex-employee ye bump into about 5 years after you worked with him and he's still giving out about your boss, and liking LinkedIn posts about "toxic management" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    This is a "journalist" who was handed a team of the year, saw colby named at 7 and then proceeded to talk about jarrad butler for the entire slot. His career with the indo is the living embodiment of someone's name giving him a platform rather than any hard work, skill, insight and ability.

The Friend Zone
    freyners wrote: »
    This is a "journalist" who was handed a team of the year, saw colby named at 7 and then proceeded to talk about jarrad butler for the entire slot. His career with the indo is the living embodiment of someone's name giving him a platform rather than any hard work, skill, insight and ability.

That was pretty bad even for his standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

You've got a Friend in me
    Luke just comes across as that one scorned ex-employee ye bump into about 5 years after you worked with him and he's still giving out about your boss, and liking LinkedIn posts about "toxic management" etc.

LinkedIn still exists?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Ah leave Luke alone. His concern for Ringrose is just that of one Rock boy who came up the hard way for another. When you've overcome such adversity in life, it's natural to feel threatened by these Johnny Foreigner types who are given an easy ride straight to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Something tastes bitter

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    Ah leave Luke alone. His concern for Ringrose is just that of one Rock boy who came up the hard way for another. When you've overcome such adversity in life, it's natural to feel threatened by these Johnny Foreigner types who are given an easy ride straight to the top.

I heard of lads from the Rock who only went skiing twice a year. Bundee would never have experienced such cruel adversity like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Copeland confirming on IG that his injury isn’t as bad as first feared. Shared a clip of when he picked it up and looked nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Was at second half of eagles game. Munster were 20-14 up at halftime and Connacht won 38-27 so obviously a good second half performance. Pack was well on top, won a few scrum penalties and almost mauled over from 15 metres out. Sean Masterson ran a great line for his try and went over from 22. Think it was Niall Murray who got a good steal at one line out. Tierney Martin looked solid, can see him becoming 4th choice fairly quickly. Kerins looked sharp (threw one howler but Connacht had advantage at time in fairness) and apparently had a good first half too. Thought Conor Dean looked really good.

Not sure how this cup works but presume 3 wins from 4 for eagles has them fairly well placed currently to make knockout stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Did Peter Sullivan impress with his 95kg?
    Always thought we need a powerful wing to balance our team, so I've expectation about him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    Did Peter Sullivan impress with his 95kg?
    Always thought we need a powerful wing to balance our team, so I've expectation about him

Back line didn’t get an awful lot of ball in the second half aside from decent line break by Sean O’Brien before last try (I think) so he didn’t have much opportunity.

The Friend Zone
    Really encouraging to hear the eagles pack has been in good form so far this season. On previous years the pack had often got bullied. Players like Tierney-Martin, Kenny, Gallagher, Murray and masterson will be needed at senior level in the next few years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

To be fair the Connacht starting pack had 3 senior squad members, 4 academy, and Cormac Daly who I'm not sure about but is probably in the full academy now. Munster had no senior players, 3 academy (2 of whom were u20), 3 club players, and two other u20s. We absolutely should be dominating them, especially at home. That being said we have some good players there who I'm looking forward to breaking the first team.

Just a reminder to because I definitely forgot myself with all the World Cup hype:

Connacht are playing Munster at the Sportsground at 3 this Saturday. Free in with your season ticket and timed so that those of us inclined can go pinting for the Springboks-All Blacks match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Looking forward to it. Hoping to bring herself but don't have a ticket for her. Could ya pay in at gate I wonder??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone else still waiting on their season ticket?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement