Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Redo91 wrote: »
    What’s Fitzgerald meant to do there?

TMO "Red player has run into black, black player has no choice there"

"Ok I agree" gives Scarlets a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Bazzo wrote: »
    TMO "Red player has run into black, black player has no choice there"

"Ok I agree" gives Scarlets a penalty.

I was just saying exactly this to a friend here. What is he meant to do....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Like this morning ref certainly didn’t do us any favours but terrible performance. Awful start to season

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Like this morning ref certainly didn’t do us any favours but terrible performance. Awful start to season

Given we only have 2 players at the WC we really need to be picking up points in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Only caught the second half, and there's no way I'll be going out of my way to watch the first. Awful stuff, was like being back in 2006. Seemed like a lot of the same issues from last year are still prevalent. Narrow defence, poor restarts, silly errors, bad discipline, not resourcing rucks correctly, the list goes on. Our phase attack was pretty blunt but I'll give that a pass given the weather. Scrum and maul were good, which is promising because at least we'll have something to build on in those all-too-frequent games where we completely forget how to play rugby. Dillane brought good pop off the bench, still carries far too high though and loses possession a lot. Leader should be starting.

Scarlets played the conditions well without doing anything too special.

Also, I'm nearly always the one defending the ref but I'd be happy to never see Stuart Berry referee another of our games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

I know the conditions were awful, but there just seemed to no gameplay in evidence. And that's what I found most disappointing. You watch the game in the expectation that something will change, but nothing did

Mul, it's over
    Seemed to go well in pre season so hopefully that was just a blip in some truly awful conditions. Think we did liven up a bit in the second half at least, maybe if conditions handn't turned complete **** by then we'd have got something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Defence close to the line from the forwards wasn't bad. That's a point to take

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Had a GAA match, only saw the closing 20 last night.
    Was the first half as bad as been made out. Have to say I was very disappointed. They looked so fluid last week in Galway. Heard on gbfm that McKeon twisted his ankle or something at a lineout? What happened to Colby?

Mul, it's over
    macslash wrote: »
    Had a GAA match, only saw the closing 20 last night.
    Was the first half as bad as been made out. Have to say I was very disappointed. They looked so fluid last week in Galway. Heard on gbfm that McKeon twisted his ankle or something at a lineout? What happened to Colby?

McKeon ran a good line I think from a lineout, ball didn't go to him and he just pulled up and went off without being able to put any weight on his right leg after. Wasn't sure did he catch his leg off an opposition player or twist his ankle or what.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    I see Horwitz was in Wales anyway so guessing he's not injured?

Mul, it's over
    Bazzo wrote: »
    I see Horwitz was in Wales anyway so guessing he's not injured?

Friend doesn’t seem very impressed with him. Think it was the Advertiser this week that had fairly frank quotes about him saying Fitzgerald was playing far better than him or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Horwitz back in training, if he’s not on the bench that surly means he’s not rated at all? I’d expect Farrell to come in at 12 for Daly this weekend too

Mul, it's over
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    Horwitz back in training, if he’s not on the bench that surly means he’s not rated at all? I’d expect Farrell to come in at 12 for Daly this weekend too

Thought Horwitz was available last week no? Was Farrell injured? Would have thought Robb (fairly good off bench I thought) would have been ahead of Daly

The Friend Zone
    Thought Horwitz was available last week no? Was Farrell injured? Would have thought Robb (fairly good off bench I thought) would have been ahead of Daly

Not sure if he was available last week but do t think he was pictured training last week. Farrell want injured, friend said that others trained better and decisions like that will be made through out the season

Mul, it's over
    Not sure if he was available last week but do t think he was pictured training last week. Farrell want injured, friend said that others trained better and decisions like that will be made through out the season

He was in Cardiff at the weekend so presumably was with the team

Is it just me who didn't realise the academy page has been update on the website? Declan Adamson, Hugh Lane, Jordan Duggan, Oisin McCormack, and Shane Jennings are the players added. Duggan has been involved since last season but were never listed. Surprised Cormac Daly isn't there he's looked decent for the Eagles from what I've seen.

The Friend Zone
    Is it just me who didn't realise the academy page has been update on the website? Declan Adamson, Hugh Lane, Jordan Duggan, Oisin McCormack, and Shane Jennings are the players added. Duggan has been involved since last season but were never listed. Surprised Cormac Daly isn't there he's looked decent for the Eagles from what I've seen.
    Don’t think there was any official announcement. I’ve heard there’s big things expected from Jennings.

Don’t think there was any official announcement. I’ve heard there’s big things expected from Jennings.

I've seen him play a few times, I'd say he has the highest ceiling of any of our homegrown backs in recent years.

The Friend Zone
    I've seen him play a few times, I'd say he has the highest ceiling of any of our homegrown backs in recent years.

Was at the eagles scarlets match and for a younger lad he stood out defensively

• Advertisement

Was at the eagles scarlets match and for a younger lad he stood out defensively

That's good to hear. He has all the tools anyway from what I've seen, time will tell how he develops.

The Friend Zone
    Connacht should make the Russian 7 an offer. Decent player could be an AJ like signing

Mul, it's over
    https://www.connachtrugby.ie/connacht-eagles-team-named-for-crucial-celtic-cup-clash-with-leinster/

Eagles team named, they need to win and for Munster to beat Ulster away to make final. Cillian Gallagher back fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

https://www.connachtrugby.ie/connacht-eagles-team-named-for-crucial-celtic-cup-clash-with-leinster/

Eagles team named, they need to win and for Munster to beat Ulster away to make final. Cillian Gallagher back fit.

Maksymiew with senior team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Connacht should make the Russian 7 an offer. Decent player could be an AJ like signing

Called this a while back after their first game. Baller

The Friend Zone
    For the weekend I’d like to see something like:

Buckley delahunt bealham
    Dillane roux
    Boyle Copeland butler
    Marmion fitzgerald
    Farrell Godwin
    Healy leader Fitzgerald

McCartney McAllister McCoy thornbury masterson blade Robb toh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Team named

Connacht Matchday Squad:

(15-9) Tiernan O’Halloran, Darragh Leader, Kyle Godwin, Peter Robb, Matt Healy, Conor Fitzgerald, Caolin Blade, (1-8) Paddy McAllister, Tom McCartney, Finlay Bealham, Gavin Thornbury, Quinn Roux, Eoghan Masterson, Jarrad Butler (Capt), Paul Boyle.

Replacements (16-23): Shane Delahunt, Denis Buckley, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Ultan Dillane, Sean Masterson, Kieran Marmion, Tom Farrell, Stephen Fitzgerald

Mul, it's over
    Good to see Darragh Leader getting a go, be useful to have his boot on field. Surprising Tom Farrell has slipped down the pecking order a bit, guess he mustn’t be training great when Friend said he was going on that.
    Hopefully Sean Masterson goes well but bit concerning to be having to pull from academy second game of the season.

The Friend Zone
    No Horwitz again. Or porch even.

Buckley and Farrell still not starting, must have had a poor preseason.

Hope Sean masterson has a Boyle like impact this year.

• Advertisement

Did anyone go to the Eagles game today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement