Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    For TH, we have both R.Burke and Kenny. I wonder which one will slot in as 3rd choice, I think Robertson-McCoy does pretty well to retain his new status. But will it be enough to play 30 min if not even more vs Montpellier or Toulouse...

Have a feeling Kenny is ahead of Burke. Think Kenny was more involved in preseason whereas Burke has been with the eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Have a feeling Kenny is ahead of Burke. Think Kenny was more involved in preseason whereas Burke has been with the eagles

But as Kenny played with Eagles this week and Burke not even on the teamsheet, I wonder if the picking order is against this appearence : Burke may have been preserved because he was the 24th man vs Treviso... Did someone spotted him on the bench or as waterboy?

The Friend Zone
    I’d assume there’ll be a few changes to the team this weekend. Probably will see the likes of Buckley, dillane, marmion and possibly niyi coming into the 15

Wegians89 wrote: »
    I’d assume there’ll be a few changes to the team this weekend. Probably will see the likes of Buckley, dillane, marmion and possibly niyi coming into the 15

He seems to have fallen very far down the pecking order under Friend. Or is he injured?

The Friend Zone
    He seems to have fallen very far down the pecking order under Friend. Or is he injured?

Think the other options have more to their game tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    CONNACHT MATCHDAY SQUAD V DRAGONS (FRI 11 OCT, 7.35PM @ RODNEY PARADE)

(15-9): Tiernan O’Halloran, John Porch, Kyle Godwin, Peter Robb, Matt Healy, Conor Fitzgerald, Caolin Blade
    (1-8): Paddy McAllister, Tom McCartney, Finlay Bealham, Gavin Thornbury, Quinn Roux, Eoghan Masterson, Jarrad Butler (C), Paul Boyle.
    Replacements: Shane Delahunt, Denis Buckley, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Ultan Dillane, Cillian Gallagher, Kieran Marmion, Tom Farrell, Stephen Fitzgerald.

Team named only one change Porch starts. Gallagher onto the bench in place of Masterson Jnr

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Any injury uodate? How long is Leader out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Any injury uodate? How long is Leader out for?

Listening to Craggy this morning. Still waiting bin results of a scan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Obviously Blade is playing extremely well but any suspicions that Marmion is being limited to a bench role while the WC is on in case either Murray or McGrath pick up an injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

freyners wrote: »
    Obviously Blade is playing extremely well but any suspicions that Marmion is being limited to a bench role while the WC is on in case either Murray or McGrath pick up an injury?

I’d say it’s just a case of rewarding form. If you look at other guys who are likely “next can off the rank” like Bealham, Toner, O’Donnell, Ross Byrne, Rory Scannell, they’re all starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    freyners wrote: »

None arguably Blade was playing the better rugby of the two last season also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Listening to Craggy this morning. Still waiting bin results of a scan

What about Fainga'a?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    What about Fainga'a?

Just out no info.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 craggyrugby

What about Fainga'a?

Looks like Fainga'a could be out for 6 weeks or so, nothing definitive yet, unspecified knee injury

The Friend Zone
    Looks like Fainga'a could be out for 6 weeks or so, nothing definitive yet, unspecified knee injury

Six weeks wouldn’t be the worst. Not ideal but knee injures can be a lot longer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    TOH off injured. With leader also out, down to four back three options already I think? Main academy option, De Buitléar injured too. Need to make a signing surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Tom mcC is back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That was awful simple for the Dragons. Just put it through the hands and through a gap in midfield. Didn’t have to do anything fancy. Woeful defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lucky enough to be level here

Good recovery from the Dragons try. 17 unanswered points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

Mul, it's over
    Silly tackle, hopefully it won't cost after getting into a good lead

Daft from Porch. Never looks for the ball. Just jumps into the Dragons player.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

Mul, it's over
    Great game management at the end by Connacht. Super scoreline given the early pressure we were under. Pity about the card for Porch but couldn't complain about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

Mul, it's over
    Conor Fitz doing really well again. Strong carrying by Robb. Pack doing really well as a unit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    This is the best I've seen us cope with a plastic pitch.

Did anyone else catch Hibbert adjusting his hair whilst waiting for a pass out a ruck 5 meters out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Fitz has a sweet kick

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Really nice controlled edge to that yellow card and the play that followed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Conor Fitzgerald has really impressed me.

Another try would fantastic considering how poor we are playing away.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    TOH off injured. With leader also out, down to four back three options already I think? Main academy option, De Buitléar injured too. Need to make a signing surely.

Dont forget that we have Marms

• Advertisement

A player going off on a stretcher, pretty classless of the PA guy to put on "Nothing Breaks Like a Heart".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement