Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

3 players off injured. McAllister stretchered off now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Hon sligo , Gallagher with the bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Very impressed with today. Controlling the game really well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Bit of a piss take going to the tmo if you’re giving a penalty try anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

A TMO for a try or a penalty try. Havnt see that before. Great to get the BP especially after a tough first 25.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

2 of those 3 injuries looked bad which mars things a bit but a fantastic win

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Forwards have been fantastic tonight. Dominant in all facets. Pity about the injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

How is Marmion not in Japan?
    Dillane also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Healy seems ok, he may be needed as FB...
    O'Donnell to be signed if McAllister is out for more than 6 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BigRigsOnly

Nice move for our last try there, seems to be working nicely so far but will most likely be picked up as the season goes on. Hopefully injuries aren’t too bad! Good bonus point win for the boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Robbo wrote: »
    This is the best I've seen us cope with a plastic pitch.

Did anyone else catch Hibbert adjusting his hair whilst waiting for a pass out a ruck 5 meters out?

I don’t think it is a plastic pitch but I’m open to correction

KBurke85 wrote: »
    I don’t think it is a plastic pitch but I’m open to correction

it is not a 4G pitch

The Friend Zone
    How is Marmion not in Japan?
    Dillane also

How isn’t blade or roux in Japan?

Steven Fitz did well at FB. Positioning was good

The Friend Zone
    BrokenMan wrote: »
    Steven Fitz did well at FB. Positioning was good

He’s been a great signing. Don’t know how he didn’t get more game time at Munster. Good all round footballer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Lads, missed the game. Do ye mind breaking down the injuries to me please? Thanks

TOH leg, in a moon boot.
    Matt Healy looked like ribs maybe
    McAllister looked like a bad leg/knee injury. Double tackle and it buckled

Mul, it's over
    Thanks. I was listening to the game doing the croí 5k in Galway but missed bits of it. McAllister's seemed bad? He's was going so well it's such a pity. And there is a horrific 13 gameweeks in a row now. I wonder will there be signings?
    Leader, Fa'inga, TOH, Healy, McAllister in 1 week.
    Add in Heff and Niyi (injured??)

The Friend Zone
    Think connachtas suggestion of bringing Conan back would be a good shout. Can’t see any back three players coming in though. Still have porch, Fitzgerald, niyi. Godwin and Farrell could play on the wings at a push. Leader and Healy could be back in two weeks. Then in the academy you’ve got Sullivan, Hayes, mcnulty coming through

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Think connachtas suggestion of bringing Conan back would be a good shout. Can’t see any back three players coming in though. Still have porch, Fitzgerald, niyi. Godwin and Farrell could play on the wings at a push. Leader and Healy could be back in two weeks. Then in the academy you’ve got Sullivan, Hayes, mcnulty coming through

I'd love to see Sullivan try-scoring maching having a go.
    O'Donnell is starting his final game tomorrow in N-Z, free to come back over after this, praying for no injury!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over

Not sure any of the available academy players would be ready for regular game time at senior level. Would prefer not to have to move Farrell or Godwin but you’re probably right that’s more realistic than a signing. If senior back three players are going to be down numbers for a prolonged period (hopefully not) Cian Kelleher loan would make sense. One of only two Leinster players of those currently available who hadn’t made a match day squad in three opening games and they have rotated a fair bit, unlikely to get any better for him when Kearney and Larmour return.

Mul, it's over
    Every week when I see the Leinster 23 and he's not in it I just think to myself why oh why did he go! He took a chance but it's not paying off. Should have stayed west

The Friend Zone
    Jack Kelly is another one I wouldn’t mind taking a punt on

Ed Byrne, Cian Healy and (if needed) Andrew Porter all coming back for Leinster as LH in the next few weeks. So if Paddy McAl is injured for a very long period, best choice would be to have Matt Burke on the bench for 3 weeks, and then get Peter Dooley on loan before Europe ( it is allowed by European rules as he didn't play for the initial team in this Champions Cup competition). Very good prop!

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    Ed Byrne, Cian Healy and (if needed) Andrew Porter all coming back for Leinster in the next few weeks. So if Paddy McAl is injured for a very period, best choice would be to have Matt Burke on the bench for 3 weeks, and get Peter Dooley on loan. Very good prop!

I’d even look at Peter McCabe, think he’s still living in Galway

I’d even look at Peter McCabe, think he’s still living in Galway

Thought about him too, but he may feel hard done by us to have had him released... Not the exact same as O'Donnell who took a golden "Sunwolves" Super Rugby opportunity mid-season

Anyway if McAllister is not available for more than a month, we HAVE to sign someone
    We just can't play Europe with M.BUrke and his very few caps + absolutely no-one over 20 y.o as 3rd choice....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Anyway if McAllister is not available for more than a month, we HAVE to sign someone
    We just can't play Europe with M.BUrke and his very few caps + absolutely no-one over 20 y.o as 3rd choice....

Bealham can also play loosehead. With regards O’ Donnell if the coaches felt he wasn’t worth keeping on at the end of last season I’d be surprised if they resigned him 5 months later.

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Bealham can also play loosehead. With regards O’ Donnell if the coaches felt he wasn’t worth keeping on at the end of last season I’d be surprised if they resigned him 5 months later.

Again they let him go also because he had a super rugby opportunity, to gain maturity. Doesn't mean he was far from Burke. Now even less, with the Southern hemisphere experience.

Anyway he went off after 63 min, uninjured, on his final game, having accumulated good gametime to come back fully operational if needed

40' A gap opened in the defence and Conan O'Donnell took full advantage.

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Again they let him go also because he had a super rugby opportunity, to gain maturity. Doesn't mean he was far from Burke. Now even less, with the Southern hemisphere experience.

Anyway he went off after 63 min, uninjured, on his final game, having accumulated good gametime to come back fully operational if needed

40' A gap opened in the defence and Conan O'Donnell took full advantage.

Had thought he wasn’t being renewed regardless at the end of the season so when the opportunity came up to play super rugby Connacht let him go early ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement