Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Ugh that was a disaster. Front five completely beaten up. Back row not much better, said last week rotation was needed there, asking the same three who haven’t had a break at all to play third game in thirteen days was asking a lot, not that it would have made any difference in outcome. Maul defence really needs serious work and has done so for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Ugh that was a disaster. Front five completely beaten up. Back row not much better, said last week rotation was needed there, asking the same three who haven’t had a break at all to play third game in thirteen days was asking a lot, not that it would have made any difference in outcome. Maul defence really needs serious work and has done so for a few weeks years.

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    How are we fixed for front five next week?
    Any chance Bealham will be alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Did SOB go off with his shoulder again?? Really feel for him if he's injured again!!

A very bad night worst performance in a home interpro for a good few years that I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Everdene

Mul, it's over
    testtech05 wrote: »
    Did SOB go off with his shoulder again?? Really feel for him if he's injured again!!

A very bad night worst performance in a home interpro for a good few years that I can remember.

Yeah it’s his shoulder and Bealham in a boot

• Advertisement

As bad as we were, Leinster were so efficient. It's not enjoyable, but they have a plan, and handling skills, and they play smart. I think we turned them over once. I think they knocked on once. It was smart rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Everdene wrote: »

That's terrible news on both counts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Everdene wrote: »

:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Mul, it's over
    I just don't understand why the offloading game wasn't employed once it was obvious we couldn't physically compete?
    Leinster blew us away and same last year in the same match. But we kept running at them and going to ground. They were then queuing up outside once we spread it wide. I actually can't remember 1 offload all game.
    Considering Andy friend said this week he loved Japan's style, the offloading game was needed this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I just don't understand why the offloading game wasn't employed once it was obvious we couldn't physically compete?
    Leinster blew us away and same last year in the same match. But we kept running at them and going to ground. They were then queuing up outside once we spread it wide. I actually can't remember 1 offload all game.
    Considering Andy friend said this week he loved Japan's style, the offloading game was needed this evening

Hard to offload when you’re not winning contacts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

I really had reservations about this game. I can't say what it was but I had a bad feeling about it.

So whatever. **** happens. The problem is how you pick yourself up. We got bullied off the pitch.

Sean o Brien has a Jake Heenan injury profile. Poor guy, hugely talented

Cormac Daly has signed for RUNY.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Friend Zone
    What ever happened to steve crosbie lads? Is he still in connacht?

sydthebeat wrote: »

No he was released, back with Old Belvedere now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Off the injuries last night, who looked longish term? We'll hopefully have Ultan back for next weekend. That's one positive I suppose. Robb might have to prop yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    macslash wrote: »
    Off the injuries last night, who looked longish term? We'll hopefully have Ultan back for next weekend. That's one positive I suppose. Robb might have to prop yet..

Really bad feeling about sob, first tackle he made and walked straight off holding the shoulder not even getting assessed. They knew it was done

The Friend Zone
    sydthebeat wrote: »

He started a portable sauna business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    Really bad feeling about sob, first tackle he made and walked straight off holding the shoulder not even getting assessed. They knew it was done

Yeah really didn’t look good.
    Finlay was limping really badly at half time and was in a moon boot later. Didn’t look good either.

Mul, it's over
    Has this been posted yet? Just watching it now. Starts off with Quinn Roux throwing a punch in training :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Has this been posted yet? Just watching it now. Starts off with Quinn Roux throwing a punch in training :P

Anyone feeling like doing up an injured list ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Wish the clip was longer. Roux got absolutely clocked by the guy in head tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    gally74 wrote: »
    Anyone feeling like doing up an injured list ???

Paddy McAllister - New Year
    Finlay Bealham - Unknown
    Quinn Roux - Couple of weeks
    Gavin Thornbury - New Year
    Ultan Dillane - Seems likely to return soon
    Sean O’Brien - Unknown
    Eoin McKeon - Mid November I think?
    Tiernan O’Halloran - New Year

Think that’s it, main problem is obviously second row and lack of front row depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    I know it's been brought up a few times already but believe Conán O'Donnell recently arrived back from New Zealand.

The Friend Zone
    Most interesting part of the Connacht documentary for me was that the coaches had a meeting about recruitment for next season on the day of the ulster quarter final. That’s some fairly forward thinking especially considering o doing they had everything for last summer organized.

Think next summer will see more high profile players come in off the back of the income from the champions cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Must confess
    I found the scrap the most interesting part!

The Friend Zone
    Must confess

would have preferred if they showed more of that tbh, didn’t see what started it or the lads hugging it out after

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Roux gave the lad some belt! Was it Butler he hit?
    Well done Connacht for letting it go out.

The Friend Zone

Thought it was Connolly involved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Fairly certain it was Connolly he hit. Then Delahunt came in and hit Roux in Connollys defence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Must confess

The doc had far too many pointless talking heads like your man from the Indo and not enough of the interesting stuff like the behind the scenes footage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement