Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

Mul, it's over
    From about the 3rd minute of the Gloucester Toulouse game I was certain Toulouse would win it. Only a couple of pieces of magic by Simpson have kept Gloucester in the game. He is potent.

Have to say - it's possibly the most interesting group to me. 4 teams with very interesting and distinctive styles of play. All good fixtures really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seems like Connacht know they will have to throw the ball about a bit on Sunday. Don't want to get into an arm wrestle with Montpellier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Just saw the post on Instagram pointing out that 2 each of the squad are from Galway, Mayo, Sligo and Roscommon (get your **** together Leitrim).

Nice spread of local lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    GAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Somehow the bookies still have this a 50/50 game so maybe this injury crisis can be managed.
    Perfect weather forecast for running rugby so hopefully we can tire them out.
    Looking forward to seeing the backs in action.

A win here could set us up nicely for the rest of the group. None if the teams will be expecting to win in Toulouse. Gloucester could be out of the running bt by game day 3 and Montpellier probably will be by game day 6. This could be the start of something beautiful!
    5/6 should bring us out if the group.

It's CHAMPIONS CUP AT THE SPORTSGROUND BABY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone

Somehow the bookies still have this a 50/50 game so maybe this injury crisis can be managed.
    Perfect weather forecast for running rugby so hopefully we can tire them out.

A win here could set us up nicely for the rest of the group. None if the teams will be expecting to win in Toulouse. Gloucester could be out of the running bt by game day 3 and Montpellier probably will be by game day 6. This could be the start of something beautiful!
    5/6 should bring us out if the group.

To get out of the group I think you’d need a bp win today, which would be very difficult given the injuries

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    To get out of the group I think you’d need a no win today, which would be very difficult given the injuries

Sooooo ........... you're saying there's a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Sooooo ........... you're saying there's a chance.
    A bonus point win sorry hahah but yeah I’d back that, get a quick start build up a lily toe lead and then make the fattys run none stop

Mul, it's over
    Absolutely agree.

If we are leading at half time I'd be looking for us to run them into the ground and get a bp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anything less than a 9 try tally is just not good enough imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

I look forward to see the forwards too. I can get the concerns about our replacement props. But otherwise FFS I'm really fan!

Gallagher/McCoy have been OK even vs Leinster. Boyle is constantly consistant

Fainga'a/Butler are the Best flankers I can expect. Dillane will help them by his grint. McCartney/Buckley with their experience.

Copeland/Masterson will add boost from the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Healy, Butler and Niyi all out Copeland, Porch and Daly promoted from the bench. Godwin to 11 Daly to 12.

Makseymew, Conor Fitz and Horwitz to the bench

https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1196029618500833281?s=19

Nightmare stuff

Like Toulouse home in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mjp

Disastrous news with those injuries and huge psychological blow to team. Given Montpellier a 2 point swing with bookies I see. We don't have much impact to come off the bench now for last 20 mins. Here's hoping the home crowd can carry us through here

Well it does not look bad on the paper.
    Maksymiw and Horwitz just have to show why they were signed. Now or never

Mul, it's over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Tbh I was expecting Butler to be pulled but the other 2 make it a very difficult chance of getting a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    That's a kick in the teeth. Huge game for Connacht. Toulouse look to be as strong as ever so Connacht will need 3/4 wins against Montpellier and Gloucester.

Mul, it's over
    Robb surely has a knock, can't see why Horwitz would be on the bench ahead of him otherwise. We'd better pray for no back 3 injuries... Guess signing Goddard makes more sense now

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hope Tom Daly can go well. Always liked him but he had rotten luck with injuries.

Best of luck to all the Connacht lads here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

What channel guys ?

Mul, it's over
    FACECUTTR wrote: »
    What channel guys ?

BT sport 3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Well that's a disastrous start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    This will get ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Mul, it's over
    ****... I know you see it on here but you'd think a BT sport's co commentator could manage to get Carty's name right.

Boyle shouldn't have passed. A hard carry and a ruck near Montpellier's line would have led to a try.

That's awful from Carty.

Kicks a penalty over the dead ball line.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That is awful poor from Carty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Ah Carty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement