Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Class pic, fair f**ks to Copeland, massive game today. Hopefully he can stay healthy and continue in the same vein.

Fainga’a was excellent, a few worthy candidates but would have been my MotM, badly need to get him a new deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    42 saying Connacht looking at more medical jokers, particularly in the back three. Safe to say we’ll probably get a look at Goddard this week coming

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Wegians89 wrote: »
    42 saying Connacht looking at more medical jokers, particularly in the back three. Safe to say we’ll probably get a look at Goddard this week coming

Don't think Goddard was registered for Europe though...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Zzippy wrote: »

He's not, but can be registered.
    What's up with Healy/Niyi, hope ther're not badly injured

The Friend Zone
    Zzippy wrote: »

He Can be registered for this weekend up until Wednesday I think?

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    He's not, but can be registered.
    What's up with Healy/Niyi, hope ther're not badly injured

Niyi was coming back from a concussion so I’d say he picked up a different know during the week, Healy could have aggravated the injury he was coming backbeats from

The Friend Zone
    Godwin Goddard Porch back three anyone? Nice Australian twang to it

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

What about second row, Niall Murray did the warm up yesterday, is it likely he’s on the bench next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Lucas44 wrote: »
    What about second row, Niall Murray did the warm up yesterday, is it likely he’s on the bench next week?

Depends on whether Butler is fit I'd guess.

Management seem to see Masterson as at least a semi viable option in the second row.

The Friend Zone
    Lucas44 wrote: »

Very possible with Gallagher looking in a bad way. Did Maksymiw go off injured? Some baptism of fire for Murray if he is involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Very possible with Gallagher looking in a bad way. Did Maksymiw go off injured? Some baptism of fire for Murray if he is involved

Maksymiw finished the game I think. He took a bang very near the end but played on.

The Friend Zone
    Mr Tickle wrote: »
    Maksymiw finished the game I think. He took a bang very near the end but played on.

Was certain masterson had come on for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Mr Tickle wrote: »

Masterson came on for Maksymiw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Was certain masterson had come on for him?
    KBurke85 wrote: »
    Masterson came on for Maksymiw

You're right. I should just assume nobody made it through at this stage.

Mul, it's over
    Maksymiw looked alright post match so fingers crossed nothing major wrong with him.

Instead of Masterson/Murray as lock, I'd rather have Dillane/Copeland,

Than Butler (8)/Fainga'a(7)/Masterson (6)

With Macksymiw 19 and Boyle 20

If Butler isn't fit enough, then Boyle in, and S.Masterson on the bench

Mul, it's over
    I saw Friend mentioned it was a knee issue that's cropped up with Butler. Unfortunately very rarely that's anything less than a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Instead of Masterson/Murray as lock, I'd rather have Dillane/Copeland,

Than Butler (8)/Fainga'a(7)/Masterson (6)

With Macksymiw 19 and Boyle 20

If Butler isn't fit enough, then Boyle in, and S.Masterson on the bench

S. Masterson isnt currently in the European squad

Mul, it's over
    We need a quality medical joker. A second row with a fair bit of super rugby experience who can make an immediate impact on a three month deal, other provinces never have an issue getting one.

There’s a legitimate outside chance of getting into European quarter finals but the squad needs some strengthening and with respect, not an academy player from another province just boosting available numbers.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    We need a quality medical joker. A second row with a fair bit of super rugby experience who can make an immediate impact on a three month deal, other provinces never have an issue getting one.

There’s a legitimate outside chance of getting into European quarter finals but the squad needs some strengthening and with respect, not an academy player from another province just boosting available numbers.

problem is we don't need him vs kings, we need to register him tomorrow for Toulouse

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    problem is we don't need him vs kings, we need to register him tomorrow for Toulouse

Ideally but to be honest even with that I think a lbp against Toulouse would be unlikely. Double header v Gloucester are the really big games in the pool. Plenty of time for a medical joker to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Mul, it's over

Would the timing not be all wrong for a three-month signing from Super Rugby? When does it kick off? February? They're probably all in pre-season training atm. Guys like Speight had to head back in January or something.

Don't know the dates for the Japanese season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Good article from Murray Kinsella around Connacht defensive breakdown work from yesterday.

https://www.the42.ie/connacht-analysis-breakdown-montpellier-4895672-Nov2019/

Mul, it's over
    Would the timing not be all wrong for a three-month signing from Super Rugby? When does it kick off? February? They're probably all in pre-season training atm. Guys like Speight had to head back in January or something.

Don't know the dates for the Japanese season.

Lealifano left Ulster after last champions cup game if I recall correctly, something like that would be perfect. Even getting high level player for six weeks would be better than just getting someone from an academy who is highly unlikely to be capable of making an impact at champions cup level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Mul, it's over
    Lealifano left Ulster after last champions cup game if I recall correctly, something like that would be perfect. Even getting high level player for six weeks would be better than just getting someone from an academy who is highly unlikely to be capable of making an impact at champions cup level.

Leali'ifano was fairly unique circumstances, coming back from cancer. Not saying there aren't players out there, but you'd be looking for unusual circumstances if it's a high-level player you're after.

Doesn't it have to be at least a three-month contract to be eligible for European squad registration?

Mul, it's over
    Leali'ifano was fairly unique circumstances, coming back from cancer. Not saying there aren't players out there, but you'd be looking for unusual circumstances if it's a high-level player you're after.

Doesn't it have to be at least a three-month contract to be eligible for European squad registration?

I don’t think so but open to correction.

I want Craig Clarke again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Neil Francis just spent 5 minutes waffling about the game on Matt Cooper.
    Half way through admitted he hadn't watched the game :o

HE WAS ANALYSING A GAME HE HADN'T WATCHED

but decided that Montpellier aren't any good anyway.

Why can't some of the really good young journalists out there get the same exposure he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Neil Francis just spent 5 minutes waffling about the game on Matt Cooper.
    Half way through admitted he hadn't watched the game :o

HE WAS ANALYSING A GAME HE HADN'T WATCHED

but decided that Montpellier aren't any good anyway.

Why can't some of the really good young journalists out there get the same exposure he does.

A quick read of any of his columns would let you know he really shouldn’t be working in media at all but somehow he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    salmocab wrote: »
    A quick read of any of his columns would let you know he really shouldn’t be working in media at all but somehow he is.

Based on his analysis of the game he hadn't watched he has formed the opinion that Blade hasn't done enough to pass Cooney in the Irish SH pecking order.

Clown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement