Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Buckley Heffernan McCoy
    Dillane roux
    Masterson Copeland faingaa
    Blade carty
    Bundee godwin
    Healy Fitz Porch

McCartney McCabe bealham Maksymiw Boyle kerins Fitz Farrell

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Wegians89 wrote: »
    He was pictured in training recently, would be very surprised if he isn’t

If I had to guess he is probably in camp with the 7s, could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Buckley Heffernan McCoy
    Dillane roux
    Masterson Copeland faingaa
    Blade carty
    Bundee godwin
    Healy Fitz Porch

McCartney McCabe bealham Maksymiw Boyle kerins Fitz Farrell

We rather agree except Robb exclusion in favour of C.Fitz
    And Bealham injury was bad luck I don't think making him start only from the bench would change anything

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    We rather agree except Robb exclusion in favour of C.Fitz
    And Bealham injury was bad luck I don't think making him start only from the bench would change anything

I’d rather save the likes of bealham and Farrell for the bench and have then fully ready to go for Kings and Gloucester x2, those three games will have a much bigger impact in the season than this weeks game

I’d rather save the likes of bealham and Farrell for the bench and have then fully ready to go for Kings and Gloucester x2, those three games will have a much bigger impact in the season than this weeks game

That's not untrue, even if I think a BP isn't out of reach and could be crucial if we go full-strenght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Mul, it's over
    This is the European Cup. You go full tilt for every game. We were long enough on the outside looking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Injury update from Craggy Rugby
    Adeolokun Mckeon next week
    Marmion Darragh Leader number of weeks Leader has a calf injury
    Rory Burke Jarrad Butler - no timeframe
    Cillian Gallagher - getting scan, likely long term
    McAllister Thornbury TOH - December/January
    Sean O’Brien - February

ClanofLams wrote: »
    McAllister Thornbury TOH - December/January

The rule is weird this year, can we re-introduce them in the European-squad for the final 2 rounds?

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    The rule is weird this year, can we re-introduce them in the European-squad for the final 2 rounds?

I’m fairly sure they can be yeah. Sean Masterson was added instead of Thornbury (presume that was posted but not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    3.6 The registration of incoming Swap Players can be reversed before the deadline of midday (GMT) on Thursday 26 March 2020. Each player can only replace the player who was initially nominated as his Swap Player.

3.7 Each club may register up to five Additional Players during the pool stage, but none during the knockout stage, each to replace a player previously registered. A minimum of three Additional Players must be front row players, one Additional Player can be from any position and one Additional Player must be a medical replacement. Additional Players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional Player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Wednesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant Additional Players) during the pool stage.

3.8 For Second Registration, clubs can add up to three players to supplement their squads and one of the players must be a front row player. Such registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on 26 March 2020.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    So given there is no specific timeframe in 3.6 I presume they can be reversed any time before March 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

It will be some achievement to come out of Toulouse with a losing bonus point. That said last weekend the guys really stood up and fought for absolutely everything.

The Friend Zone
    Team named
    Connacht Matchday Squad v Toulouse (Sat 23 Nov, 1pm Irish Time)

(15-9): Matt Healy, John Porch, Tom Farrell, Tom Daly, Kyle Godwin, Conor Fitzgerald, Caolin Blade. (1-8): Peter McCabe, Dave Heffernan, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Ultan Dillane, Quinn Roux, Eoghan Masterson, Colby Fainga’a, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Shane Delahunt, Matthew Burke, Finlay Bealham, Joe Maksymiw, Paul Boyle, Angus Lloyd, Jack Carty, Peter Robb.

No Buckley after 80 mins last week, No Bundee

No Aki, No Carty, No Bealham, No Buckley we're absolutely not gonna win it.
    But happy to see McCartney having a rest, as, in this position (and only here), we have depth

Mul, it's over
    Interesting team. McCabe starting shows it wasn’t a great decision to offload him. No Aki is disappointing. Conor Fitz getting the start, some progression for him, hopefully it continues. Matt Healy at 15, hopefully he goes as well there as he did against Grenoble a few years back, will be under pressure in the air you would think though. Don’t think bench is strongest, very hard to see Connacht coming away from this with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

b.gud wrote: »

OUCH, as expected

Ramos; Huget, Guitoune, Tauzon, Medard; Ntamack, Bezy; Baille, Mauvaka, Faumuina; Gray, Tekori; Placines, Elstadt, Kaino Subs: Marchand, du Toit, Aldegheri, Arnold, Tolofua, Cros, Ahki, Pages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Pita Akhi on the bench. Are they missing a few?

Mul, it's over
    macslash wrote: »

I don’t follow french rugby much but fairly sure Ahki is close to first 23 player for them. Recall he started against Leinster in Europe before and think the league final too. Was unreal that kieran Keane didn’t use him more, even if he was gone at end of season.

• Advertisement

Not really...

The only chance we have is their back-line overall is ageing (and too young for the others). But their pack and bench will smash us
    Leinster reboot to come

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Anyone else remember Healy starting at 15 a few years back in France and putting in one of the greatest individual performances I've ever seen?

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Anyone else remember Healy starting at 15 a few years back in France and putting in one of the greatest individual performances I've ever seen?

Grenoble in the challenge cup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me

Cheslin Kolbe and Antoine Dupont would be the biggest absentees plus a few more. Still a very strong squad.

The Friend Zone
    Connacht +21 on the handicap

Mul, it's over
    Will be interesting to see what Connacht do with kickable penalties tomorrow. I presume the norm and take points if game is close but think there’s a reasonable argument to be made for just going for corner every time. Hope to get four tries and the bonus point that way because it’s a seriously uphill task to be within 7 of Toulouse at the end.

Mul, it's over
    Gloucester have left out a few of their big guns including Franco Mostert, Cipriani and Tom Marshall for their trip to Montpellier. If they get nothing from the trip that almost ends their qualification chances.

Bazzo wrote: »

Yeah I was in the stadium. Fionn Carr was caught in the last footing on his way to score the winning try. Thank to this, we won Pro12 instead of 1 tiring Challenge Cup Semi final

• Advertisement

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what Connacht do with kickable penalties tomorrow. I presume the norm and take points if game is close but think there’s a reasonable argument to be made for just going for corner every time. Hope to get four tries and the bonus point that way because it’s a seriously uphill task to be within 7 of Toulouse at the end.

This is what I said 4 days ago, so 100% agree.
    Only (small) opportunity to bring a point back, + there will be holes in their back-line IMO, and we're much more creative than Gloucester which have already scored 2 tries

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement