Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over
    Robbo wrote: »
    "Top Boards Mods go Manno-a-Manno in Franno Banno"

A headline worthy of the Independent these days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    freyners wrote: »
    On paper that team is should be well able to pick up a win against a mixed strength Ulster team. However i've said that before about sides going up to Ravenhill and its never turned out favourably

Just in case correlation equalled causation i will be similarly as optimistic for all future away interpros

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Robbo wrote: »
    "Top Boards Mods go Manno-a-Manno in Franno Banno"

Top work Robbo! :D

Mul, it's over
    Was listening to Quinlan on off the ball and he was commenting on how Bundee is really playing like an international class player and appears to have come back this season looking in very good shape.

He's been absolutely brilliant since his first game, hard to separate Ireland's centre options at the moment. McCloskey also had a stormer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Was listening to Quinlan on off the ball and he was commenting on how Bundee is really playing like an international class player and appears to have come back this season looking in very good shape.

He's been absolutely brilliant since his first game, hard to separate Ireland's centre options at the moment. McCloskey also had a stormer.

12 bundeee
    13 ringrose
    23 henshaw

• Advertisement

Wegians89 wrote: »
    12 bundeee
    13 ringrose
    23 henshaw

Henshaw to replace Kearney and play in his best position. ;);)

The Friend Zone
    Zzippy wrote: »

After World Cup I honestly think that’s how it should be, can’t see it happening before hand though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

After World Cup I honestly think that’s how it should be, can’t see it happening before hand though

If Joe stays on Larmour will probably be the replacement for RK. We will probably never have Aki, Henshaw and Ringrose all fit at the same time though, so it won’t be an issue.

The Friend Zone
    Anyone hear how bad the injuries are looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Saw TOH mentioned somewhere as an achilles injury but no idea how bad. Marmion seemed to sprain his ankle hopefully not serious but it looked straight after like he couldn't carry much weight on it.
    Hopefully neither too serious. Farrell probably be going through the return to play protocols but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few other bangs for lads. Everyone seemed to be bandaged up at the end.

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    testtech05 wrote: »
    Saw TOH mentioned somewhere as an achilles injury but no idea how bad. Marmion seemed to sprain his ankle hopefully not serious but it looked straight after like he couldn't carry much weight on it.
    Hopefully neither too serious. Farrell probably be going through the return to play protocols but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few other bangs for lads. Everyone seemed to be bandaged up at the end.

Sob went off with bang to the shoulder and had an ice pack on it after

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Sob went off with bang to the shoulder and had an ice pack on it after

He did it early on and was getting it treated throughout the game. Hopefully nothing major. When is McKeon due back? O'Brien clearly ahead of him now but he never lets the side down and he's probably the most like for like player that could come in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

You've got a Friend in me
    Galway Advertiser:
    €30m development in Sportsground
    Dogs staying, capacity to 12,000 and High Performance Academy

The Friend Zone
    wp_rathead wrote: »
    Galway Advertiser:
    €30m development in Sportsground
    Dogs staying, capacity to 12,000 and High Performance Academy

Would love to see how the dogs are staying with a 12k capacity.

Mul, it's over
    Excellent news, long overdue!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Read the press release but it's not entirely clear what the proposals are in terms of stands. Are they going to demolish and rebuild both the Clan and Main stand sides to get the 12,000 capacity or is it just a huge stand on the Clan side?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Going from those computer generated yokes it looks like an extended main stand and a huuuuge Clan stand, nothing behind the goals,

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    Looks good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,961 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Delighted to hear these plans for a home worthy of Connachts ambitions, but I dont know how there is any scope to extend the current main stand due to the way the houses in The Green wrap around the Sportsground lands, unless they are planning to move the pitch / track further east within the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    No timelines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    I imagine they need to get the planning permission and funding sorted before they confirm timelines.

Mul, it's over
    No timelines?

They need to submit planning first to see if there's going to be a decade long courts battle because some lad in Wicklow is thick that they didn't buy up his land for the new development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

No timelines?

Just gave the builder a call, he assures me he'll be round next week to start the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Going from those computer generated yokes it looks like an extended main stand and a huuuuge Clan stand, nothing behind the goals,

Looks like two terraces behind the goals in the photos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Yes, looks like two very small terraces behind the goals, with of some kind of glass/see through design for the dogs or removable for when the dogs are on.

Overall, it looks lika a reasonable compromise, it's never going to be perfect with the two sports sharing as they're not really compatible in terms of stadium requirements.

b.gud wrote: »
    Just gave the builder a call, he assures me he'll be round next week to start the job

He just has one "small" job to finish first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

I can't believe it's not Butler
    He might have to order parts so it might be the week after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Zzippy wrote: »
    12 bundeee
    13 ringrose
    23 henshaw

Don't make me dream

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement