Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can't ask for much more than that with a decimated squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Good score at half time considering the yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Great first half to be within 1 point. They look a bit disjointed out wide. Possible to sneak the tbp now. Keep moving them about the big men are getting tired. There th looks half dead already.

The Friend Zone
    FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Great first half to be within 1 point. They look a bit disjointed out wide. Possible to sneak the tbp now. Keep moving them about the big men are getting tired. There th looks half dead already.

Delahunt, Bealham, Boyle, Carty and Robb could all inject a lot to the game off the bench, a real chance here for a big upset

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Melodeon

gally74 wrote: »
    On france 2

And BeIN SPORTS 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Delahunt, Bealham, Boyle, Carty and Robb could all inject a lot to the game off the bench, a real chance here for a big upset

Wouldn't be the first time......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over
    Ultan putting a massive shift in defensively

The Friend Zone
    Tom Farrell certainly looks good at this level, surely not far off a cap now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Hard to beat a limerick minor hurler ...

The Friend Zone
    Fitzgerald with balls of steal again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    Fitzgerald with balls of steal again

And the tackle for the farrell turn over

The Friend Zone
    ****ing some kick to the corner there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

What’s the score?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What’s the score?

18-17 to Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Didn't see much wrong with what the guys did there was he saying no arms sliding in or just ya can't slide in in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭freddie_

testtech05 wrote: »
    Didn't see much wrong with what the guys did there was he saying no arms sliding in or just ya can't slide in in general?

Plus he tapped and went otherwise it was a line out so the penalty was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Try Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

You've got a Friend in me
    Ball must be like a bar of soap out there. Lost count how many times we turned possession over in such a short space of time.

Mul, it's over
    Was annoyed initially but to be fair that was an impossible ball to take

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Friend Zone
    Why on God's name would you go for that ball with one hand??

• Advertisement

Can't expect to beat the best teams in Europe with so many basic errors.
    Two lineouts in a row lost, turned over in a maul near their line which hadn't even moved forward, Fitz scuffed the kick to put 5 in it.

We got lucky last week as we made numerous similar mistakes in the opening 20mins but we haven't the superior quality to get away with that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

You've got a Friend in me
    Great effort all things considered. Have to wonder what we might have achieved if we sent over our best team. Personally I would have done that as I don’t see the need to be playing the likes of Bundee next weekend against the Kings. Should have enough to beat them with a second string but obviously needed our best today.

Mul, it's over
    Considering everything a very brave effort. No shame in that defeat

Some Like It TOH
    Redo91 wrote: »
    Great effort all things considered. Have to wonder what we might have achieved if we sent over our best team. Personally I would have done that as I don’t see the need to be playing the likes of Bundee next weekend against the Kings. Should have enough to beat them with a second string but obviously needed our best today.

I agree mostly but it seems bundee had a knock so wasn't considered for this week.

Unfortunate to give up the tbp right at the death. I thought overall we had maybe just done enough to get a lbp at one stage but with the weather and everything it just got very sloppy for the last 15 with the rejigged backline when Farrell went off.

With the squad we sent out I was expecting a big defeat to be honest but the lads fronted up very well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    Horrific last 20. Really playing catch up In the pool now. But as someone said above cant expect to compete when making so many stupid errors. Freakishly similar results to the last time we were in the champions cup and then we had Zebre for handy points

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

testtech05 wrote:
    With the squad we sent out I was expecting a big defeat to be honest but the lads fronted up very well!!

I think they did incredibly well. It was always going to be a tough ask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    I heard Bundee took a knock in training. With everyone available that looked like our strongest team. Not sure how anyone can say we didn't send the best over to play. Our injuries are really taking a toll and even with the few lads that came back in this week they can't have been 100%, and still did excellent. Fair play to the lads. They weren't given a hope by anyone and with 10 to play today they still had a chance. Huge double header now with Gloucester where we should be aiming for 9 points at least.

Mul, it's over
    They’ll take heart from performing like that with the bare bones of a squad and target Toulouse when they come to Galway. Realistically we need 14 more points minimum to come any bit close to qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    Northampton getting the 5 points at the death is bad news too. Thought that might be a group without a best runner up

• Advertisement

Some Like It TOH
    Northampton getting the 5 points at the death is bad news too. Thought that might be a group without a best runner up

Just saw the last few mins of that. There were a few questionable calls in the game it sounded like all of which went Northampton way. The commentary team were referencing at the end.

Turned out like the Toulon game a couple of years back for Treviso beaten at the death.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement