Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Not much point signing him til New Year if he's not going to play this game, he wouldn't be available til after Gloucester games otherwise.

Think the signing might have been half motivated by potentially signing him in the future and seeing if he would be a worthwhile project player. Lot of the back three injuries aside from TOH seemed to be short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

connachta wrote: »
    Back for 6 nations!
    he's proven enough to join the Irish squad in mid-January!

I doubt they will throw him back in straight away after so little rugby. Tournament starts Feb 1 so not looking good for Ireland selection unfortunately.

Main focus will be get back playing for Connacht and hope to make the Summer tour to Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    I know it sounds very selfish but I couldn't give a fliuch if Farrell is fit for the six nations. He deserves the call up but all I care about is having him in a connacht Jersey ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    I know it sounds very selfish but I couldn't give a fliuch if Farrell is fit for the six nations. He deserves the call up but all I care about is having him in a connacht Jersey ��

I would have felt that way before this year.

Now, I think, we have enough cover to get through the six nations without him and I think he really deserves it.

Mul, it's over
    Saw on clan forum Aly Muldowney retired few days ago. Had a look on twitter, said he was fit but no interest in not playing. I’m not sure if I’ve even him seen him play since Edinburgh so can’t say much about his recent form but if he has anything at all left in the legs, be a good addition for six months. In that 42 piece linked earlier, Nigel Carolan said they were still looking for 2nd row options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    <strike>If he has no interest in playing, then he's not an option</strike>

Totally misread that.

Mul, it's over
    evil_seed wrote: »
    If he has no interest in playing, then he's not an option

Think the problem was he wasn’t playing at all at Bristol. He would possibly be low enough on depth chart at Connacht too but with the injury situation, would almost certainly get some game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

evil_seed wrote: »
    If he has no interest in playing, then he's not an option

He's interested in playing, the reason he's retiring is that he's not interested in having a contract and not playing. Here are his own words from Twitter
    No point being a rugby player that doesn’t play, all good things must come to an end
    No body all good, just it’s time. Too old to not be playing that’s a young mans game
    Cheers buddy, hopefully get a few games in before I go, be good to go on out on a high and win something

Mul, it's over
    Things sound positive on new deal for Bundee.

https://www.the42.ie/bundee-aki-contract-connacht-irfu-4908463-Nov2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

ClanofLams wrote: »

Looks good. If it happens it will save a bit of cash for recruiting others hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Looks good. If it happens it will save a bit of cash for recruiting others hopefully.

Just give it all to Fainga’a to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

I completely agree. What a player he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just a quick question, home for Christmas and a few of us may head up to Galway for the Munster game. Looks like it’s just the Bohermore or college road terrace that’s available.

Is there any difference in those terraces? They are just the standing behind the posts I presume? Can’t imagine that there is any decent view of the action. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over

I’m still to hear anyone in the wider Irish media really talk about Colby. Meanwhile no one in Dublin can shut up about Mathewson and Fardy.

Our best signing since Bundee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Just a quick question, home for Christmas and a few of us may head up to Galway for the Munster game. Looks like it’s just the Bohermore or college road terrace that’s available.

Is there any difference in those terraces? They are just the standing behind the posts I presume? Can’t imagine that there is any decent view of the action. Any help appreciated.
    when I'm at games I'm usually bohermore and I prefer it to college road but not that much difference between them it will be extended terracing for that game so will be standing behind goal but should be extra terrracing in place and not just the couple of concrete steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

its_phil wrote: »
    I’m still to hear anyone in the wider Irish media really talk about Colby. Meanwhile no one in Dublin can shut up about Mathewson and Fardy.

Murray Kinsella is a fan but yeah other than that he’s barely mentioned.

If Bundee does get a central contract realistically most of the money saved will be spent on renewals. Butler, Marmion, and Farrell were almost certainly able to command an increased salary and so will Blade, Fainga’a, etc.

Mul, it's over

Reality is that most of the media watch (likes of Murray Kinsella aside) Connacht 5-6 times a season max when not in champions cup. Tom Farrell being an ‘overnight sensation’ after Munster game last season when he had been one of Connachts best players for well over a year at that stage being a prime example.

Luke Fitzgerald thinking Fainga’a was Jarrad Butler when he made pro14 team of season last year,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Is Colby NIQ or a project player though?

Mul, it's over
    Is Colby NIQ or a project player though?

Project if renewed presumably but he came post changes so five year qualification period. Not sure why that matters in relation to media attention/credit though?

Mul, it's over
    Luke Fitzgerald thinking Fainga’a was Jarrad Butler when he made pro14 team of season last year,etc

That was mortifying alright.

• Advertisement

Project if renewed presumably but he came post changes so five year qualification period. Not sure why that matters in relation to media attention/credit though?

It doesn't, was just asking a question.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Reality is that most of the media watch (likes of Murray Kinsella aside) Connacht 5-6 times a season max when not in champions cup. Tom Farrell being an ‘overnight sensation’ after Munster game last season when he had been one of Connachts best players for well over a year at that stage being a prime example.

Such is the frequency of Gavin Cummiskey's attendances, it's surprising that he doesn't refer to the mood of the lads selling hotdogs and pints out of a single garden shed on the Clan side...

Mul, it's over
    It doesn't, was just asking a question.....

Sorry, thought you meant there was some reason NIQs (as Fardy & Mathewson had been previously mentioned) got more media coverage or something.

Mul, it's over
    Robbo wrote: »
    Such is the frequency of Gavin Cummiskey's attendances, it's surprising that he doesn't refer to the mood of the lads selling hotdogs and pints out of a single garden shed on the Clan side...

Wait until he finds out there’s a motorway between Athlone and Galway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Now Connacht are finally playing in a proper competition people might take notice.....

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Now Connacht are finally playing in a proper competition people might take notice.....

Seriously, what's the point in coming into this thread and making that sort of comment other than trying to troll?

Mul, it's over
    Seriously, what's the point in coming into this thread and making that sort of comment other than trying to troll?

Leave him off, if the lad had two brains he would be twice as stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    Looks like its Block city for this gent. Please dont reply as this causes his messages to come up &#55357;&#56397;&#55357;&#56397;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Strong as possible it looks, thought a few might get rested. Good to see Aki Godwin for first time together in centre this season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement