Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

A dozen of us or so are heading up to the game on Saturday and staying the night in the city??

No on site parking at the hostel so just wondering what are the best options for a 24 hour car park? Obviously last Saturday before Christmas doesn’t help things but any help is appreciated

Dyke Road car park is fairly central and is massive (5+ minute walk from Eyre Square) and open 24 hours. Think it's €5 overnight.

It is the Saturday before Christmas so even though it's a huge car park I imagine it will be packed all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Craggy rugby pod injury update

Niyi Adeolokun & Peter McCabe - being assessed to determine availability this week, typically means they won’t be available
    Paddy McAllister Colby Fainga’a Peter Robb Matt Healy - should be available next week v Ulster
    Thornbury & Marmion - ‘back soon’, maybe Leinster away?
    Matt Burke, Rory Burke, Leader - no dates
    Cillian Gallagher, SOB, Tom Farrell - our for foreseeable future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Craggy rugby pod injury update

Niyi Adeolokun & Peter McCabe - being assessed to determine availability this week, typically means they won’t be available
    Paddy McAllister Colby Fainga’a Peter Robb Matt Healy - should be available next week v Ulster
    Thornbury & Marmion - ‘back soon’, maybe Leinster away?
    Matt Burke, Rory Burke, Leader - no dates
    Cillian Gallagher, SOB, Tom Farrell - our for foreseeable future

Tom Farrell said he was close at the last game..

Mul, it's over
    gally74 wrote: »
    Tom Farrell said he was close at the last game..

That would be great. If Connacht get through interpros without picking up more injuries (big if obviously) should have fairly strong squad for final European rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Some Like It TOH
    Jeez Gallagher and S.O.B have been ravaged with injury!
    Expect to see Roux and Dillane? Could be a fairly good opportunity to beat Munster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Mul, it's over
    Do we know for certain whether Munster will have their internationals? Are any of them posting holiday pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Evil_g wrote: »
    Do we know for certain whether Munster will have their internationals? Are any of them posting holiday pictures?

Heard some of their internationals were abroad this week so I presume they will be without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Someone posted that Earls and POM were on holiday, don't know about anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

You've got a Friend in me
    Murray is in NY going by his Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Redo91 wrote: »
    Murray is in NY going by his Instagram.

Beirne's off on holiday as well. I know himself and POM are injured but with Murray and Earls away too would imagine it's all their international contingent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Murray not featuring is actually more dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 11,615 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    Murray not featuring is actually more dangerous

Mathewson is gone so McCarthy likely to start.

Ulster v Munster in 2 weeks could be tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Mul, it's over
    Maybe they still have enough to beat us, or maybe they feel they can afford to lose this, but it seems strange that they'd rest players for a game against pool opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Evil_g wrote: »
    Maybe they still have enough to beat us, or maybe they feel they can afford to lose this, but it seems strange that they'd rest players for a game against pool opponents.

Ulster are doing the same, I'd say they're prioritising momentum going into Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Munster: Shane Daly; Calvin Nash, Chris Farrell, Dan Goggin, Liam Coombes; JJ Hanrahan, Craig Casey; Dave Kilcoyne, Kevin O’Byrne, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Gavin Coombes, Chris Cloete, CJ Stander (C).

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman, Keynan Knox, Fineen Wycherley, Jack O’Donoghue, Neil Cronin, Ben Healy, Sammy Arnold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Munster: Shane Daly; Calvin Nash, Chris Farrell, Dan Goggin, Liam Coombes; JJ Hanrahan, Craig Casey; Dave Kilcoyne, Kevin O’Byrne, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Gavin Coombes, Chris Cloete, CJ Stander (C).

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman, Keynan Knox, Fineen Wycherley, Jack O’Donoghue, Neil Cronin, Ben Healy, Sammy Arnold.

Wow, won't be that easy. Bench could have it for us

No surprise except Butler out and Kenny as LH (no other options...)

Glad to see TOH and S.Fitzgerald back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Big statement leaving Carty on the bench in the only interpro he’s available for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Surprised to see Carty on the bench. Thought he would have started as he’s getting a two week break after this game. Not saying FitzGerald doesn’t deserve to start but thought he could do with a rest.

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    Big statement leaving Carty on the bench in the only interpro he’s available for.

Not really It's more about picking the player in form

Mul, it's over
    Also surprised to Conor Fitzgerald starting, three interpros in two weeks is asking a lot of him, especially when Connacht will want him on field for full 80 or close to it for latter two games.

Will be able to freshen up team a fair bit for Ulster and still field strong side with McAllister Fainga’a Butler (assuming illness is just flu or something minor) Robb Healy Stephen Fitzgerald all due to be available.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Also surprised to Conor Fitzgerald starting, three interpros in two weeks is asking a lot of him, especially when Connacht will want him on field for full 80 or close to it for latter two games.

Will be able to freshen up team a fair bit for Ulster and still field strong side with McAllister Fainga’a Butler (assuming illness is just flu or something minor) Robb Healy Stephen Fitzgerald all due to be available.

S.Fitzgerald is already on the bench.
    Don't get why Carty wouldn't play one of the 2 next interpros. He has his IRFU rest now

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    Don't get why Carty wouldn't play one of the 2 next interpros. He has his IRFU rest now

Yeah I meant back into starting XV. Carty (like all RWC players) has been on the go since start of last season with not much of a break, two weeks off probably needed in fairness. In his case, it might help him to have a fresh start after break too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH

Friend said in an interview on the Craggy podcast this week that both Bundee and Jack had to be given 2 consecutive weeks full rest so this week wont count towards that when he is on the bench.

testtech05 wrote: »
    Friend said in an interview on the Craggy podcast this week that both Bundee and Jack had to be given 2 consecutive weeks full rest so this week wont count towards that when he is on the bench.

I'm still 99% sure he'll start one of the next 2. He only played 309 minutes in total since Japan game

He's not in the Irish squad either

The Friend Zone
    I'm still 99% sure he'll start one of the next 2. He only played 309 minutes in total since Japan game

Dosen't matter all players that were at the world cup are getting two full weeks off regardless of minutes

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Dosen't matter all players that were at the world cup are getting two full weeks off regardless of minutes

FFS that would have meant Friend have had Carty started tomorrow.

I doubt IRFU doesn't take at all real minutes into account. We'll see

The Friend Zone
    FFS that would have meant Friend have had Carty started tomorrow.

I doubt IRFU doesn't take at all real minutes into account. We'll see

Ya he could have started him but he picked the player in form. I have no issue with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over

You're pretty certain considering the coach has directly contradicted you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement